Litchi Missions POI of centre / on thirds using P4P

Reaction score
I own two drones, a P3S and a P4P. Running the identical mission on both; the P3S reliably keeps the POI pretty much dead centre whilst the P4P for some reason keeps the POI pretty much on the thirds to the left.

Anyone else found this? The P4P is using latest firmware and all software is up to date. I've tried this on numerous missions now. It's actually quite nice having the POI on thirds sometimes but would be better to have a choice.

Everything else about the missions goes as planned using both drones.

I've emailed Litchi and all they have said so far is:

Hi,

Something to be aware of, if there is only one POI, framing will be very good. More than one POI and framing will not be as good due to the way the DJI waypoint system works. Maybe that’s the issue?

Kind Regards,
Litchi

The missions involved only have one POI and once again work as expected with the POI in the centre using the P3S. I've responded but not heard anything.

Pointing to poi is one of the functions that depends on accurate compass readings. Since the error in pointing seems to be constant and consistent, may want to try doing another compass calibration following all the usual precautions. Might as well do a gimbal cal while you are at it too, just in case.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Great thanks - exactly that. I drove out into the countryside and calibrated the compass away from me phone. Seems great now, dead centred in the immediate tests.

I'm amazed Litchi didn't suggest this after emailing them several times.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic