Litchi Mission Switch to ATTI mode mid mission - P3P

Reaction score
I have flown several hundred Litchi missions, and never had this happen until today. Today, two Litchi Missions failed by switching to ATTI mode mid flight. I am using my Android tablet for all of these missions with my P3P.
What possible events could cause the mode to change from Mission to ATTI? I received no warning of the failure, but when I looked at the Litchi CSV log files from my tablet, it shows a mode change to ATTI at the exact time in the flight where the problem occurred for both flights.

Normally I fly alone, but today we had a group of flyers all flying at the same time (P4 and MA and M2). When these events happened, my P3P was in view of all of the transmitters - 1,000 to 3,000 feet away from all of our transmitters.

Thanks for any and all help understanding this event.
Joe
KC7GHT

I have flown several hundred Litchi missions, and never had this happen until today. Today, two Litchi Missions failed by switching to ATTI mode mid flight. I am using my Android tablet for all of these missions with my P3P.
What possible events could cause the mode to change from Mission to ATTI? I received no warning of the failure, but when I looked at the Litchi CSV log files from my tablet, it shows a mode change to ATTI at the exact time in the flight where the problem occurred for both flights.

Normally I fly alone, but today we had a group of flyers all flying at the same time (P4 and MA and M2). When these events happened, my P3P was in view of all of the transmitters - 1,000 to 3,000 feet away from all of our transmitters.

Joe
KC7GHT
How was your satellite count?

Beyond the satellite count as an obvious first question, here is a strange experience I posted with my P3S awhile back. I never figured it out. Problem went away after several flights doing the same thing in almost the exact same spot in 3 dimensional space.

Here is a link to the litchi CSV file:

It happens at 6min 2.2 sec. Same sort of failure for both flights.
20 satellites, and I didn't flip the switch until a minute after the failure.

I read bsartist post and mine happens very similar to his event.
I flew a mission this morning at my house and my test mission works perfectly as expected.
Thanks for the help. I have no idea the cause, but I really need to understand it and correct the problem.
Joe
KC7GHT

Here is a link to the second flight.
It went to ATTI at 2min 55sec, then to P-GPS by itself.
Then at 4min 15sec, I work up and flipped the switch to P-GPS and took over the flight.

Thanks for the help

Surprisingly nothing obvious there. Can you pull the SDK txt log - that has some extra information that might help:

Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord

I don't see any txt files on my android litchi tablet. I am looking on the tablet memory, but there is no txt files on my micro SD card on my tablet either. All I have is CSV files. Where again should they be?
I can try to get to the DAT files on the P3P itself. What would give the most info?

I give up
If you are trying to post a very large file (which I think the FLY.DAT files are) you probably need to post to something like Dropbox and lost a link to it here.

OK, looks like I finally was able to post a link to the P3P on-board DAT files for both flights that failed. I can also convert them to CSV and into Excel. Does anyone have Excel plots to automatically plot the parameters? How do we use this data to find out what happened and caused the Litchi missions to go to ATTI mode. Each failure could have crashed my P3P, if I was not able to fly it back home safely

OK, looks like I finally was able to post a link to the P3P on-board DAT files for both flights that failed. I can also convert them to CSV and into Excel. Does anyone have Excel plots to automatically plot the parameters? How do we use this data to find out what happened and caused the Litchi missions to go to ATTI mode. Each failure could have crashed my P3P, if I was not able to fly it back home safely
Hang tight. @sar104 or another log analysis guru may be able to look.

How long did it stay in ATTI mode? If it switched right back to GPS mode then it would have hovered till low batt. If you have low BATT RTH enabled it eventually would have come home. But, yeah, if it stayed in ATTI for any length of time it could drift into something.

Also you may want to have a look at this tool for analyzing the files:

Joe
KC7GHT
Joe, I viewed all of your data for both flights on Flight Log Viewer and also on Air Data with HD Flight Player. My only guess is signal interference. There are 2 towers in the vicinity, the one on the hill you could see and one on the curves on Carefree Hwy. There were 6 drone controllers within 20 feet (not all DJI). Your 1st mission was at 8:09 AM, your 2nd at 10:23 AM. I flew a P4A around the tower on the hill at 9:58 AM with no loss of RC or video. At 10:27 AM, 4 minutes after your 2nd mission, I flew the same mission as my 1st and had disconnect throughout and no video transmission. I'm no expert on radio transmissions but I'm thinking if you shut off your controller the mission would have completed as planned. I didn't experience any of the problems you had. Here is a link to another thread. Litchi waypoint missions never complete - they simply stop mid way

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl