Litchi mission - lost signal

Reaction score
I am experimenting with a longish mission which has hills involved, or rather, in the way.

It's a stretch of road being upgraded and I want to video it to present to the contractor that it has worth to him and hence you get the drift.. It's just over 2km long, winding and the further the P4P goes away from me, the weaker the signal due to hills in the way. Im on top of a hill but doesnt help after a while.

Ive set the sortie up as a Waypoint mission.

Can I set the mission to complete without me having constant signal.? If so, will it return to home at mission complete provided I have set that up as a preference.
Thx

From the videos on youtube that I have watched litch does in fact stay connected and finished the mission and returns home. But any number of things could happen and you wouldn't know about it. But it has been done many YouTube videos. I will post a video below I personally have litchi I think I will test waypoints a little more.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video below is litchi on a phantom 3 standard using wifi you will notice most the flight is disconnected he is not seeing anything but the drone returns and the video will be on the SD card. Waypoints is a really cool feature.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thx Drone Freedom27

Yes if something goes wrong during the mission, I would have NO - 1. knowledge of it having issues and 2. no ability to compensate for the problem. Furthermore, I would not know where it is should it fall out of the sky or hit a tree, so it's a scary notion to trust the autonomous flight will always go OK.

Where in settings on Litchi to set up a flight without sync to the controller...or is that in GO4?

What about a range extender?

Hmmm...anyone else have some insight?
Thx

I believe it is standard on any Litchi Mission that the Drone completes the Waypoints. That's the way it works on all of my missions. You can configure what the Drone should do however when it hits the last Waypoint - RTH, Land, etc.

Make sure you have RTH selected in settings for the end of the mission. The drone will do what you have selected and if you have no connection at the end of the mission, you could be in trouble.

1585409546366.png

Sounds like GO4 for those setting also a parabolic extender for like 11$ can boost signal or buying a 50$ argtek antenna setup but the required opening the controller up.

If you really are interested in the waypoints do small missions do a mission where you will lose signal but do it on a route where u can leave your controller perhaps at your house and u drive and follow the drone in ur car? Or go on a jog and see how it does. I'm going to test about half a mile in town cause I know I'll lose video transmission at about 1600feet in town so I'll set a mission to do a 2400 feet fly out and back and see how it does.

If you have Smart RTH enabled, it will abort the mission if the battery hits a certain level and head straight home. Be sure that your RTH height is high enough. I almost clipped trees on a hill when this happened to me. The hill was not on my programmed flight plan.

Also, I find that the smart RTH calculation can sometimes be conservative. So if I’m confident that there will be plenty of batt for the mission, I turn off smart RTH.

Make sure you have RTH selected in settings for the end of the mission. The drone will do what you have selected and if you have no connection at the end of the mission, you could be in trouble.

Thats a bit scary...."if you have no connection at the end of the mission, you could be in trouble." Can you elaborate on how problems might occur and what type of problems might occur. thx

Thats a bit scary...."if you have no connection at the end of the mission, you could be in trouble." Can you elaborate on how problems might occur and what type of problems might occur. thx
It should be obvious.
If you have no signal connection, you can't do anything or change anything.
You need to think of that before the mission and apply the appropriate settings to avoid getting into trouble.

Meta4 is spot on.

Here is an example.

If you have "None" or "Land" selected in the settings, and your last waypoint takes you out far enough to lose connection, your drone will either hover there until the battery depletes and lands or if you have "land" selected that is what it's going to do.

Regardless of the selection, you must always keep battery life and correct altitude settings in mind.

1587311606440.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.