Litchi Mission Gone Bad

Reaction score
I lost my P4P today on a litchi mission. Flew about 3 minutes then I lost connection. It was set to 390 feet. I have the CSV files but it will not let me attach a CSV file on here. It was last shown on the make over the woods with 91 % battery. Any ideas ? I have insurance through State Farm, but I don't know if you have to find the drone to collect.

Reactions: Motlock
Flew about 3 minutes then I lost connection.
If you lost connection the .csv will only tell you the last transmitted location. Also,this would depend on your mission settings. With a lost connection the aircraft will complete the mission as programmed. If you did not have your final waypoint close to you, or your final action set to RTH. Then you may never find it. Also depends on how far away you were when the signal was lost. You can either put your .csv on a share site and share the link to that here, or upload your .csv to Phantom Help with the link below and share that back here. We can take a look.

Phnatom Help Log Upload

Reactions: rainbow1
Ok Thanks for your reply. I have flown many Litchi missions successfully even with a lost connection like you said. Don't know what happened this time. I had the altitude set to 390 feet the entire way, but I noticed it was loosing altitude for some reason.
Your Phantom was very stable and the loss of altitude is quite smooth and regular so it's not a hardware problem causing it.
The first thing to check is your Litchi mission parameters, specifically the altitude set for the next waypoint because it looks like the Phantom was just following the programmed flight.
Signal would have been lost as treetops blocked signal of the descending Phantom.
Can you show a copy of the Litchi flight so that we can get an idea of where the Phantom might have been headed?

Is this what you want ?

Mission Hub - Litchi
Sorry to tell you but WP3 is set to 98ft...right where the ground increases significantly in altitude. I suspect that is where you are going to find your drone.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: umanbean
Sorry to tell you but WP3 is set to 98ft...right where the ground increases significantly in altitude. I suspect that is where you are going to find your drone. View attachment 104739

Well that is a revolting development. I didn't even see that way point, its kind of behind WP 4. Unfortunately we learn by mistakes, sometimes they are costly ones. Thanks for your reply. One more question, what did you use to get the terrain elevation ?

I didn't even see that way point, its kind of behind WP 4.
Waypoint 3 obviously was an accidental addition. 30meters is the "default" waypoint altitude and was never changed. The above posted altitude graph is quite crude and not very accurate, but none the less that is close to correct. Looking at the image below, I suggest that the AC hit the trees far before it ever reached Waypoint 3. According to the profile there is a 45 degree incline before Waypoint 3. Most likely the AC will be found within the yellow circle below.

Capture.PNG

The Last recorded GPS Point is here:

Capture2.PNG

To answer your statement about State Farm. Mine took a dive into 20 feet of fresh water last year. Didn't have to retrieve it. They just reimbursed me

Thanks for all your help. Found the drone. Here is the video of the crash. Right where Fly dawg said it would be.

Well it stayed in the tree for a couple days. I didn't find it till the wind blew it out of the tree, so it hit the ground. 1 broken prop, camera gimbal broken, frame cracked by one motor, and the ribbon cable is torn. I put a battery in it however and it started right up and even showed a picture on my phone. I think the part of the cable that is broken must be for the yaw motor. I am considering trying to fix it myself.

Bummer on the crash! I also filed a claim for my P4P, went into the bay. Just a quick phone call and two days later had the money in my account, full price.
Where are you from? Nice looking location for flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav