Litchi - Loud Beeping From RC?

Reaction score
Hello All,

I sent my P4 on a waypoint mission with Litchi. This mission went put the drone out of R/C range for roughly 6 or 7 minutes (approx). Anyway while the drone was out doing it's thing, the remote control starting beeping loud and obnoxiously. Any idea why or what that means? The drone eventually came back into R/C range (right on schedule) and I think the beeping stopped at that point but do you know what causes that beeping to begin with?

That happened to me once with my P2V last summer. The P2V controller is powered by 4 AA batteries and I had lost the back plate the very first day I had it so was using cardboard and duct tape. But the cardboard wasn't snug against the batteries. So as I flew, one of the batteries came almost-out - like half in and half out. And the RC started beeping like crazy.

Per the Phantom manual, there are a few things that'll cause the remote controller to emit sounds. From what you're saying, it sounds like it was trying to warn you that your remote controller was disconnected from your Phantom.

RcTones.png

strange. would make sense but this isnt my first litchi mission thats gone out of range but its the first time ive heard the beeping. this wasnt the rth beep either, this was way louder ... like obnoxiously loud and continuous about every 5 seconds. Perhaps if your out of range for x minutes the beeping starts?

i think the status led was red since the drone was out of range but cant confirm. the remote had 4 leds worth of charge in it and the drone had 53% upon landing so it doesnt seem like a battery issue.

The RC will beep if left on and not connected to the craft for a certain length of time.

After I fly, I always shut off the craft before I pick it up, but I sometimes forget to shut off the RC. I'll take it in the house and leave it on a counter. It beeps very loudly to let me know that it's not connected. I hear it all over the house.

Try it... Next time you fly, shut off the drone, but leave the RC on. It will start beeping after a minute or two. If it's the same sound, then that's what you're hearing when the craft is out of range.

The RC will beep if left on and not connected to the craft for a certain length of time.

After I fly, I always shut off the craft before I pick it up, but I sometimes forget to shut off the RC. I'll take it in the house and leave it on a counter. It beeps very loudly to let me know that it's not connected. I hear it all over the house.

Try it... Next time you fly, shut off the drone, but leave the RC on. It will start beeping after a minute or two. If it's the same sound, then that's what you're hearing when the craft is out of range.

This is plausible and would explain why its so loud. So you can hear it anywhere, in case you forgot to shut it off it essentially tells you "hey idiot get back here and shut me off!"

i will experiment with that later!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31