Litchi instantly crashes on my iOS devices

Reaction score
Hi All,

I decided to take the plunge yesterday and purchase Litchi to use with my Phantom 4. I initially installed it on my iPad Mini 4 with iOS 9.x. When I tried to open it for the first time it showed the main screen and then closed down. I tried several more times - with the controller connected, controller disconnected, bird switched on, bird switched off...etc and the same occurred every time.

I then decided to try upgrading to iOS 10 in case the app had been updated and only supported this....it made no difference. I then uninstalled and re-installed Litchi from the app store. Same problem again.

Getting rather annoyed at this point, I tried installing Litchi on my iPhone 6 (iOS10). Exactly the same problem! Litchi opens, briefly shows the main screen and then closes down.

I have been careful not to have the DJI app running in the background when running Litchi, and in the case of my iPhone the 'Go' app isn't even installed.

HELP!

Something is wrong. I have the mini 4 running 9 and Litchi runs perfectly! How much other stuff do you have loaded on the mini? You may be running into a low memory issue.

I bought the mini 4 just for my Phantom so it has literally no other apps installed. Come to think of it I may try a factory reset.

Just wiped the iPad, installed ONLY Litchi. It loaded fine the first time (horayy i shout). Then I close it and go to open it again, BOOM back to crashing again.

Tried rebooting iPad...still crashes as soon as I try to open it. Excuse my French but WTF!

I don't think it's really a crash. Indeed when you launch it the main screen is displayed for a second then disappear...but if you check the background tasks (double tap home screen) you'll most practical still see litchi running in the background. I do have that issue on my iPhone 6 but not onto my ipad mini 2....both running ios 10.
But I have no clue why this problem happens only onto my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes I have noticed it 'sort-of' running in the background. However if you try to select that task it will attempt to re-launch Litchi and the you just end up going round in circles.

OK Litchi is getting deleted from my devices. I managed to get it working but then had the most awful experience using waypoints.

Don't give up! Once it's working for you and you get experience with creating waypoints and missions, you will find it to be on of the most useful of the pantomime apps. How did you finally get it to work? Where was the problem? Posting here might help someone else with a similar problem. And what was your waypoint problem? Not trying to rag on you, but most of the Litchi problems we have seen in these forums have come from not reading the manual!

It just decided to launch and stay open on my iPad, so i took the quick opportunity to map out some waypoints and send the drone around some fields near my house.

Unfortunately on the way back I set it to hover 100m above my house expecting that I would simply be able to take control of it using the joystick and land it (I didn't read the manual). Of course, now I know that's not how it works and the drone refused to move from its last waypoint position. I panicked and closed Litchi, tried to re-open it and it started crashing again!! Could not get Litchi to open no matter what I tried. Rebooting iPad, reconnecting controller. No dice. So I switched back to using DJI Go, which ALSO would not open at all. The DJI app has NEVER crashed on me before!!

By this point the battery warning alarm is going off and the drone is still refusing to move. I'm cr&&*ping myself that it's going to fall out of the sky. Thankfully the drone started to land its self when the battery got very low and I was able to grab it!!

Once I'd finished having a mild heart attack I tried opening the Go app again and it was still crashing. Litchi was not running in the background. I deleted Litchi and as if by magic, the Go app opened first time.

So I deserve a slap on the wrist for not reading the instructions first, but Litchi seems to hate my iOS devices, and I've just flushed £20 down the drain.

If you change the "Flight Mode" you can take control of the aircraft regardless what Ap is controlling it or at least you can with P3Pro.

Reactions: Pharm
If you change the "Flight Mode" you can take control of the aircraft regardless what Ap is controlling it or at least you can with P3Pro.
Yep. The OP admitted to not having read the manual. When my Litchi missions are finished, I always switch to P mode and land manually.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj