Litchi... How safe is it?

Reaction score
I finally bought Litchi because it was on sale. I'm a bit concerned about using it since it is third party.

1. How reliable is it? Anyone had problems...like it making the drone unresponsive, fly aways, crashes, etc.
2. Is the app easy to figure out if you already know the DJI app?
3. Are there any big benefits to using it over the DJI app (aside from more way point options...which I don't really do for now)?
4. Does it affect that geo-fencing restraints at all that DJI put in place? As in does Litchi have less flight restrictions?

Thanks!

Perfectly fine. This is one of my many litchi missions. I lost signal for about 6-12 mins on some missions and it always completes it [emoji16]

I've been using Litchi for about a year and have only had two issues during that time. First occurrence was back in June of this year when the AC would disconnect during pano mode and wander off in Atti mode, this was fixed with an app update a short time later. Only recently I had a number of app disconnects during a mission which had never occurred before and control issues trying to bring it back. More bizarre was the fact that I was logged out of the app and had the height/distance restrictions normally experienced with the GO app. The only way to log back in was through my FB account as I had never logged in with Litchi in the first place. Weird.
Otherwise the app has been solid for the remainder of the time, I don't experience the annoying NFZ warnings and features like pano and WPs are easy to use.

Never had substantial issues with either. Always bear in mind that Litchi will execute your flight plan literally and to always be aware of clearances both horizontally and vertically at each waypoint.

Reactions: BigAl07
I haven't received any warnings as yet using Litchi in an area where the GO4 app would normally warn about RTH issues when flying near an uncontrolled airstrip.
Fair enough- I stand corrected. I was relating to experiences posted by users in this forum that purportedly had the AC stop at the perimeter of a NFZ and ultimately perform an auto land while flying with litchi.

Fair enough- I stand corrected. I was relating to experiences posted by users in this forum that purportedly had the AC stop at the perimeter of a NFZ and ultimately perform an auto land while flying with litchi.

It may be a region thing as I too don’t have that on litchi yet.

All good, all though I'm not naive enough to think that the NFZ feature will not be tacked on the back of any future Litchi updates for use over here. Much the same as the hysterical response to the 'quick quiz' feature with US users of the GO app. I'll just deal with it...

What does this even mean????

I suspect that users in some areas around the world are having NFZ forced events when using Litchi (similar to the DJI GO experience).
Huhhhh... o_O

What actually leads you to "suspect" this ???

Other posts?? .... personal experience?? ... magazine articles??

Very curious what led you to draw that conclusion.

Huhhhh... o_O

What actually leads you to "suspect" this ???

Other posts?? .... personal experience?? ... magazine articles??

Very curious what led you to draw that conclusion.
As the update is rolled out across different areas across the world, I am reading of the restrictions being imposed on both this and other forums/articles. Not here in Australia as of yet, similar to the new questionnaire appearing on the US go app which will may be rolled out in the next update for us convicts.

As the update is rolled out across different areas across the world, I am reading of the restrictions being imposed on both this and other forums/articles. Not here in Australia as of yet, similar to the new questionnaire appearing on the US go app which will may be rolled out in the next update for us convicts.
Hmm... guess I haven't read the same comments regarding imposed NFZ restrictions occurring within the Litchi app that you have...

P.S. Your "convicts" moniker brought a big smile to my face.... you Aussies are alright in my book.

Reactions: tevek and ravedog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT