Litchi Glitchi

Reaction score
Well after having survived the last couple of years of flying my phantoms without the oft reported FW and SW glitches, it was my turn today. I was asked by the president of the local golf club to get some aerial footage of the course as they had no idea of what the place looked like from the air and they had never seen a drone before. Perfect opportunity to show off the features of a flying camera and sneak in a quick nine holes and walk out of the place looking like Dirk Pit.
The president turned up with the rest of the golf club board, shut down the course for an hour and watched me set up my P4 and were amazed at the general look of the package. I went through my normal checks, checked the mission I had planned for the course, fired her up, took off and listened to comments similar to the second coming of Jesus.
Loaded the mission, no problems, halfway between the first two WPs I received a disconnect message. Having never received that message before in well over 50 missions, I thought I'd just bring Dorothy back and restart the mission. Nope, the gimbal went limp and I had to fight to get to her back on the ground. The drone thrashed around, was very sluggish even though I still had a full control signal. I cycled both the AC and RC, received no further warnings and took off again. This time my height was limited to 30 mtrs and checking my log in status, found I was logged out. I landed and tried to log back in but given there is neither 4G or wifi access, that was never going to happen.
All the while the small crowd around me started to disperse and prepare to leave whilst I was simply seething that this has happened and I can only imagine the grief that professional drone pilots must go through when this befalls them.
On a better note, the president suggested I may as well have a round of golf and get rid of my frustration, so I did and came back with 5 over the card.
I've since deleted the Litchi app and reinstalled, logged back in and will try again in a couple of days. Also running the latest FW and DJI4 app with no problems on iOS 11.1.2.

I've since deleted the Litchi app and reinstalled, logged back in and will try again in a couple of days.
Just a curiosity. I have never had to log in with Litchi before. Is this new? I am running very old firmware on my bird and RC and have never had to do that before. With GO, yes but never with Litchi. Just curious really. Just flew yesterday with current GO and Litchi, so this must be firmware related, my guess.

Just a curiosity. I have never had to log in with Litchi before. Is this new? I am running very old firmware on my bird and RC and have never had to do that before. With GO, yes but never with Litchi. Just curious really. Just flew yesterday with current GO and Litchi, so this must be firmware related, my guess.

You Log In with Litchi if you want to use "Missions" created on the Mission Hub (PC/laptop).

You Log In with Litchi if you want to use "Missions" created on the Mission Hub (PC/laptop).
That's what I was thinking but it wasn't specified in the post....The statement "This time my height was limited to 30 mtrs and checking my log in status, found I was logged out."
was a bit confusing, Ive never seen a limit with Litchi. Granted I rarely use mission hub on the tablet, other than to import from PC.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have never had to log in following the initial download of the app last year, but when I checked, it had indeed logged me out. I have never used the hub to plan my missions as I do them on the fly so I was stumped for a bit and I haven't updated the app for quite some time. Absolutely no idea why this had happened and the erratic return flight.

I have never had to log in following the initial download of the app last year, but when I checked, it had indeed logged me out.
That is quite the oddity. Iv'e been using Litchi pretty much exclusively for over a year and do not recall ever having to do any type of log in, and still have not to this day. I went through every possible screen with the app and there is no place that says or refers anything to an account log in. Granted, I am running the latest version of Android and the latest version of Litchi but not on IOS. Whether that makes any difference or not, I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is, could it be possible that you were syncing with AirData and not Litchi itself? I doubt that is the case but just throwing it out there.

That is quite the oddity. Iv'e been using Litchi pretty much exclusively for over a year and do not recall ever having to do any type of log in, and still have not to this day. I went through every possible screen with the app and there is no place that says or refers anything to an account log in. Granted, I am running the latest version of Android and the latest version of Litchi but not on IOS. Whether that makes any difference or not, I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is, could it be possible that you were syncing with AirData and not Litchi itself? I doubt that is the case but just throwing it out there.
Appreciate your feedback, if you go into the drop down menu for the various FPV, Waypoints etc, at the bottom is the option to sign in/out. Since it asked for a username/password that I've never activated, I ended up having to drive 5klms to find a mobile/cell area to log in via Facebook. For the same lack of coverage at the golf course, it would have been impossible to sync data with Airdata or anything else.
It's just weird.
Cheers.

Appreciate your feedback, if you go into the drop down menu for the various FPV, Waypoints etc, at the bottom is the option to sign in/out.
That login is for Mission Hub Sync, if I am not mistaken. It should never impose limits from there. How just utterly strange...........Peace!

That login is for Mission Hub Sync, if I am not mistaken. It should never impose limits from there. How just utterly strange...........Peace!
Ok, I didn't know that. Cannot think of any other reason it had the limit imposed on it, worked fine with DJI when I got home so that wasn't responsible. There are no airports/strips anywhere near the course and nothing remotely resembling any sort of Comms towers that may have interfered with it. I'll have a quick look at Airdata to see if anything pops up and take it for a spin later this afternoon and hope for the best.

I’ve been signed out of DJI GO before randomly as well, and then not able to sign back in because out of range. What the hell are you supposed to do if you’re up in the Arctic or a very remote location and you’re signed out.

Terrible glitch that DJI has. Totally infuriatinf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav