Litchi for the Phantom 2 vision plus update

Reaction score
Litchi sent me an email this morning saying they will be updating the app for us to version 2.7.3 with the new address for they new server. SO if you what to do a mission ( way point) it will work again. We have been out of this feature for a few months.
I would like to THANK YOU Litchi for going this for us. I know you are not getting any revenue for it.
And I hope everyone that does uses Litchi for they Phantom 2 vision plus sends an email to them thanking them for doing this: [email protected]

Yes thanks indeed. The Litchi app is free for P2V+, I sold my P2 and when I downloaded the app for the P4 I got it free, I had paid full price for the P2 version including all the in app add ons, so I guess they felt obliged to give the P4 version free to those who had paid for the P2.
It must have been a bit galling for those who paid in full for the P2 version, and a few weeks later found it was then free.
I am a huge fan of Litchi, and it was the enhanced POI camera control functions on the P3 and 4 that persuaded me to upgrade, and the waypoint mission hub. Waypoints with DJI go is fairly useless as you have to fly the mission first.

Yes thanks indeed. The Litchi app is free for P2V+, I sold my P2 and when I downloaded the app for the P4 I got it free, I had paid full price for the P2 version including all the in app add ons, so I guess they felt obliged to give the P4 version free to those who had paid for the P2.
It must have been a bit galling for those who paid in full for the P2 version, and a few weeks later found it was then free.
I am a huge fan of Litchi, and it was the enhanced POI camera control functions on the P3 and 4 that persuaded me to upgrade, and the waypoint mission hub. Waypoints with DJI go is fairly useless as you have to fly the mission first.
That is nice to here that Litchi would do that. I would hear the bad stories of someone buying the Android version and then get a Iphone and what to switch. and from what I heard they would have to buy it.

The things happened differently. I also bought the full version for my phantom 2 V + and from one day to another DJI updated the application making it compatible only with Phantom 3 and Inspire and Phantom 2 app was free. The version for the Phantom 4 is the same for the Phantom 3, Inspire, Matrice, Osmo and now Mavic, DJI only thing it does is to adding other devices to the application.

The things happened differently. I also bought the full version for my phantom 2 V + and from one day to another DJI updated the application making it compatible only with Phantom 3 and Inspire and Phantom 2 app was free. The version for the Phantom 4 is the same for the Phantom 3, Inspire, Matrice, Osmo and now Mavic, DJI only thing it does is to adding other devices to the application.
Litchi on the P3/4 is different from the P2 version, you have much more control of the camera,able to remain focus on POI as you fly by and other features.

DJI should have provided the features included in the Litchi app. It's a wonderful package. All thats missing are focal points with waypoints but the app is FREE so I'm certainly not complaining.

I have a P2V+ but I was wondering if other people were having difficulty controlling the gimbal tilt with it too.

The gimbal tilt only works occasionally but could this be due to hardware or radio interference rather than the software?

Gimbal Tilt ?? dont remember seeing that in the Litchi waypoint section, could be wrong, do you use the mission hub to plan missions ? if so where do you enter gimbal tilt, im just looking at the app now under ground station and can only see height speed and stop/turn, banked turn options, same as in the mission hub, unless you have the mission hub set to show you as using the P3-4 in settings, if so then im suprised that any of the options would work for the P2V+

Gimbal Tilt ?? dont remember seeing that in the Litchi waypoint section, could be wrong, do you use the mission hub to plan missions ? if so where do you enter gimbal tilt, im just looking at the app now under ground station and can only see height speed and stop/turn, banked turn options, same as in the mission hub, unless you have the mission hub set to show you as using the P3-4 in settings, if so then im suprised that any of the options would work for the P2V+
I have not used it but from my understanding the gimbal will till work using your wheel or lever. Just very slow

Gimbal tilt is on the right hand side of the screen (assuming that you have "show camera controls" set to on in "settings"). It might only function in the FPV view but I'm not sure as it rarely works on mine.
The idea is that you control the gimbal by sliding your finger up and down the screen over the controls. The central dot indicates where the camera is facing and it glows white when operable but greys out when not so. In mine it's grey nearly all of the time.

Gimbal tilt is on the right hand side of the screen (assuming that you have "show camera controls" set to on in "settings"). It might only function in the FPV view but I'm not sure as it rarely works on mine.
The idea is that you control the gimbal by sliding your finger up and down the screen over the controls. The central dot indicates where the camera is facing and it glows white when operable but greys out when not so. In mine it's grey nearly all of the time.
Paul are you using a controller with the wheel or lever?

Neither.
My P2V+ is a series 2 and has no physical tilt control. It's all done in software on the app by moving your finger up and down the screen.
It works fine on the DJI app but only occasionally on Litchi for Phantom 2, which is really irritating because Litchi is much better than the DJI app.

Neither.
My P2V+ is a series 2 and has no physical tilt control. It's all done in software on the app by moving your finger up and down the screen.
It works fine on the DJI app but only occasionally on Litchi for Phantom 2, which is really irritating because Litchi is much better than the DJI app.
yea I picked up a newer controller with the wheel on it and it works SOooo much better. You can put one of the levers on the back side of that one I would think.
still works so so. you have about 1/8 of a round. I was playing around with one with a flat screw driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.