Litchi ... error message ... need some help

Reaction score
I am flying a P4 with the Litchi app and using an android tablet.

Litchi and DGIGo4 ... all functions seem to work OK except the Litchi way point.

In the past I have been succussful in flying several missions using Litchi. I have had problems in the past with missions being slow to load at times. However, recently the missions will not load and after a few minutes I get the message that "mission failed to load"

As a last ditch effort I reloaded the Litchi app from the Play Store after deleting the existing Litchi app.

Now when I try to load a previously successful mission it starts to count down and load ... then ... I get this message

"mission failed to load ... radius of the mission is over acceptable limits"

What the heck does that mean?

I have looked everywhere I can think of in the various settings menus that has reference to curves or radius with no luck

Any help would be greatly appreciated ....

It may be several things. I have had that happen many times with Litchi. In my cases, every time I figured out the problem I ended up saying to myself,,,"Wow,, what a [Language Removed by Moderator]." First thing I can think of is check your distance limit settings. You will have to go to Dji app to do that. It has been a while since I flew Litchi, so I am having trouble remembering exactly the different causes of this. But I do remember that it is MOST LIKELY something in your settings that is causing the trouble. I know this isn't much but hope it helps somehow. Just be patient and investigate more.

Last edited by a moderator:
@montanamac,
If you share you mission from the hub here, you should get many replies quickly.

Rod

I too am flying the P4 with Litchi. In Litchi, tap top right corner "Settings"...then under "General" tab, scroll down to "Map Safe Area Radius"..then set those parameters...IDK if that's where the problem lies, but it's the only thing I see in Litchi that has anything to do with "Radius". Hope it helps my friend

Chuck T.
Screenshot_20180502-023829_Litchi.jpg

₩¥..."Keep er Upright"

then under "General" tab, scroll down to "Map Safe Area Radius"..then set those parameters

@montanamac
If you reinstalled litchi that's likely your problem right there - that parameter got reset to default.

FWIW, I set mine to 0 so there's no circle on the map

It's probably a good idea to go through all your settings and check everything

Reactions: BigAl07
If you can’t get it to work with the suggestions above, you can also email support at:

[email protected] or
[email protected]

They always been prompt to respond whenever I’ve emailed them. They’ve also responded like there’s a real person answering, not some automated response.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you can’t get it to work with the suggestions above, you can also email support at:

[email protected] or
[email protected]

They always been prompt to respond whenever I’ve emailed them. They’ve also responded like there’s a real person answering, not some automated response.

Yes GREAT support and very prompt. Good call @Pharm

Reactions: Pharm
Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is some more info that might shed some light on the problem

Just tried another short way point mission in Litchi with the same results ... and the same error message after setting the Map Safe Area Radius to zero and making sure the DJI go4 app was disabled.

However, I next discovered that in the Litchi FPV mode the bird would fly ok out to about 200 feet and then simply would stop and go no further from home. Almost acts like it would in DJIgo "beginner" mode where the distance from home has a specific limit

Any thoughts or suggestions with this new discovery?

Have you checked your go4 settings?... sounds like either 'beginner mode' or 'distance limit' is turned on... doesn't matter if go4 is 'disabled' or not.

Beginner mode is off and distance limit is not activated

I have contacted Litchi via email and will let everyone know the outcome from Litchi

I have contacted Litchi via email and will let everyone know the outcome from Litchi

Thank you, I'm sure to learn something from this and that's always a good day.

I'll shut up now, it's sometimes hard to gauge someone's level of expertise... should've known from your previous posts you had the simple stuff covered

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Sometimes it is the simple, basic stuff that is overlooked that ends up being the solution to the problem and is oft missed

Sometimes it is the simple, basic stuff that is overlooked that ends up being the solution to the problem and is oft missed

True

Hope you get your litchi back soon... once you get used to it, it's hard to do without

Latest report ... success!

I switched from my Samsung tablet to my Samsung phone. Called up a previous mission and it loaded just as it should .... and ... flew the mission just fine.

I am guesing that my tablet is older and just not compatable with the Litci app.

Thanks to everyone that made suggestions and tried to help .. greatly appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl