Litchi/AutoPilot Apps void your warranty

Should this be legal?

• Total voters
I had a crash 2 months ago flying a waypoint in Litchi. Battery failed, aircraft fell outa sky. DJI repaired it under warranty no problems.

As
I had a crash 2 months ago flying a waypoint in Litchi. Battery failed, aircraft fell outa sky. DJI repaired it under warranty no problems.
Really? Interesting. How long did it take them?
k litchi to help you.

There are posts on this and DJI forums that detail at least one case where DJI initially denied warranty coverage an a phantom that crashed using the autopilot app. Autoflight assisted the operator in encouraging autopilot to come to the party.

Ask DJI to send you your .dat file. From your.post they should have it handy as they claim to have reviewed your flight log. Post it here and i am sure you will get aome assistamce in determining the cause.

Battery or AC hardware failure should be covered to the extent the flight app isnt the cause.

Good luck.
Ask litchi to help you.

There are posts on this and DJI forums that detail at least one case where DJI initially denied warranty coverage an a phantom that crashed using the autopilot app. Autoflight assisted the operator in encouraging autopilot to come to the party.

Ask DJI to send you your .dat file. From your.post they should have it handy as they claim to have reviewed your flight log. Post it here and i am sure you will get aome assistamce in determining the cause.

Battery or AC hardware failure should be covered to the extent the flight app isnt the cause.

Good luck.
Dat file? Isnt th

I fully intend to fight it. I filed a complaint with the federal trade commission. What does the link do? Will it post my log here?
Yeah you should upload the flight log, folks on the forum here can help analyze it and help build ya a case. If it's battery failure, the log should show something weird. In my case the battery stopped reporting battery remaining % left and ran out of juice, tried to land and then failed and crashed. I Pushed that aspect and they covered it under warranty. My logs clearly show I was using Litchi and no issues.

Yeah you should upload the flight log, folks on the forum here can help analyze it and help build ya a case. If it's battery failure, the log should show something weird. In my case the battery stopped reporting battery remaining % left and ran out of juice, tried to land and then failed and crashed. I Pushed that aspect and they covered it under warranty. My logs clearly show I was using Litchi and no issues.
I just uploadedthe last two. It shows the aircraftgoing down with my throttle full up. I told them I was using Litchi. It appears like they were not reading my emails becausethey would ask questions i alreadyanswered.

Screen capture of DJI claim to SDK

Attachments

• 1466572956865.jpg
    1466572956865.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: Guardmy6
It is against federal law to say aftermarket add on will void warranty
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. They would have to prove the program caused the failure to void the warranty

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is against federal law to say aftermarket add on will void warranty
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. They would have to prove the program caused the failure to void the warranty

Exactly...

It took DJI 22 days of asking questions and reading my flight logs before they told me that a battery failure which caused my crash was not under warranty because I used a 3rd party app. I advised them in the beginning that I used Litchi. But how can an App cause a cell to go bad?
DJI support.us via freshdesk.com
1:49 PM (47 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. 6

Our company does not warranty flights that have been flown with 3rd party applications

We would like to offer you 15% off a new purchase of a Phantom 3 Professional - Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger)

To accept this offer, please reply affirmatively, and a coupon code for this item will be mailed to you.

Please also reply with your proof of purchase for your product.

**Failure to include the proper paperwork and proof of purchase will delay this process.**

Thank you for your patience and support of DJI.
No mention of cause here. Do you have written position from DJI that faulty battery caused issue?

Not one word... Not One!
Oh... i missread your original post. So they didnt say a battery faulure wasnt covered because you were flying with litchi. What have they said? Did they say litchi was the cause?

Pin them to an explanation for the crash and then we have something to work with.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
I understand you emailed litchi, and they said 50/50. I would still post this on their Facebook page. The last thing litchi wants is for you to let other potential litchi buyers hear this. I still feel if you do this they will be more likely to help get this resolved.

Reactions: Guardmy6
I understand you emailed litchi, and they said 50/50. I would still post this on their Facebook page. The last thing litchi wants is for you to let other potential litchi buyers hear this. I still feel if you do this they will be more likely to help get this resolved.

Good point,.

Also, have you called DJI back yet? I would do this ASAP and speak to someone else. If they do not tell you what you want to hear ask to speak to a supervisor. Do this ASAP if you can.

Oh... i missread your original post. So they didnt say a battery faulure wasnt covered because you were flying with litchi. What have they said? Did they say litchi was the cause?

Pin them to an explanation for the crash and then we have something to work with.
The ONLY thing they said was what that email says. I plan to call them today. This is wrong.

Also, have you called DJI back yet? I would do this ASAP and speak to someone else. If they do not tell you what you want to hear ask to speak to a supervisor. Do this ASAP if you can.

I got the email kind of late yesterday. I plan to call them back this morning. Im furious.

The ONLY thing they said was what that email says. I plan to call them today. This is wrong.
What questions were asked and answered in the last 22 days while they reveiwed the logs?

As i mentiined earlier. Consider asking them to supply the log file from the aircraft (or have them return it and extract the .dat file yourself). Post it here and you will be amazed what a few of the members here will be able to tell you about the cause of the crash. This will put you in a strong position to argue your position if it was a hardware or DJI software failure.

Tell us what actually happened leading up to the crash. Where you flying a mission, did the AC just fall out if the sky, hit an obstacle, took off uncontrolably etc?

Hopefully you have a good outcome. I mostly fly with the GO App but also use litchi, autopilot and other apps. It will be very concerning if this is the attitude of DJI going foreard.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I just uploadedthe last two. It shows the aircraftgoing down with my throttle full up. I told them I was using Litchi. It appears like they were not reading my emails becausethey would ask questions i alreadyanswered.

VRS crash?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl