Litchi ASL altitude data?

@bsartist ....{ No offense intended in the previous post, long day today} Hope none was taken. Peace....
Absolutely none taken.

Someday someone else will read the post and learn something relevant. I think we were close enough to the topic :)

Reactions: Loz
Guys for the record I read this post completely and found I learned quite a bit from the constructive chat (about Litchi) I’m an occasional rather user of it. Useful stuff & thanks

Reactions: bsartist
During a mission I also would like to see a line from the home point or present indicating where the RC antennas are pointing to in the map.
The other app I've been using draws that line in green when it "sees" the drone and blue when it is "hidden".
For me it is useful when I have to fly mission in countryside I don't know, without remarkable places.
It would be nice to let the user select which one prefers.
What do you think?

During a mission I also would like to see a line from the home point or present indicating where the RC antennas are pointing to in the map.
This is not an exact science, even with the line. Most just use the directional icon to orient yourself in relation to the aircraft. Personally, I rarely move the antennas, but orient the remote itself in relation to altitude and direction from the map icon. The line really will only give you direction and not the pitch you need for perfect alignment. As I said, this is not an exact science.

Reactions: marciano
That's the thing I am wondering: get the orientation between me (RC) and the plane, just to turn myself to get it my forehead (in case of no visual contact). I only need to turn until that line passes through the plane icon.
In GO I use the radar.
Help - Litchi displays a radar in the lower left corner I didn't have.
What is the "directional icon"?
iOS

True, this does not account for obstacles in the flight path, it also does not compensate for errors in altitude calculations by the AC or by errors in GE. Always allow some wiggle room in your planning.;)

I have planned and run many low level litchi missions (sub 20m) .It is a good way to determine the inaccuracies of GE /Litchi ground elevations (or not :eek:).
I have found that with GE the depth of the galleys are over stated and the hills and ridge-lines under stated .
I moved a mission path 500m to run up a ridge line rather than a valley and maintained the 18m AGL and my P3 cleared the ridge by 1.5m.
I also checked the GE ASL against the known ASL of a nearby TRIG station and the station was 11.8m higher than the GE figure.
As you have mentioned it also pays to check that the phantom is giving you a reading of 2m when just above head level .I have had the occasional -1m .
Hope this will help someone.

bsartist, that was an amazing flight over the lockes,... Ive done them by boat,... Im relatively new to droning although I flew fixed wing nitro 70 twins in competition many years ago. I just have a P3S and Im just getting started,.... that seemed like quite the distance you traveled in that video....do you know what the distance was ? Very impressive video thank you for sharing.

You shouldn't have to actually test this in a real time environment. Just create a simple "bogus" mission on the hub in AGL mode and note the difference between your set altitude and the AGL altitude that is noted. That should tell you.
Good stuff... Better safe than sorry!

What is the "directional icon"?
The directional icon is in the map view and appears when the home point is set. On Android, the lower right. It shows the orientation of the aircraft in relation to direction. Part of my own Litchi pre-flight's, I always check this in relation to the direction the aircraft is actually facing, just as a compass check.

bsartist, that was an amazing flight over the lockes,... Ive done them by boat,... Im relatively new to droning although I flew fixed wing nitro 70 twins in competition many years ago. I just have a P3S and Im just getting started,.... that seemed like quite the distance you traveled in that video....do you know what the distance was ? Very impressive video thank you for sharing.
Total mission distance (round trip - return trip not shown) was about 27,000 feet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3