Litchi App ???

hi, my experience with litchi goes on...
Another issue, i planned a waypoint mission that takes 6 minutes in preview, surprise...it takes almost 20 minutes effective...dont understand...any help??

Hmmmm, you got me there nmag! I have not even noticed where it tells how long the flight will take when you program it. LOL. Lithchi is def not best for every area for sure. I had to fly a golf course the other day about 50% manual because of the severe slope we have here in our area. Some holes would change in elevation by 80ft. Very hard to get that programmed perfect in litchi. Because it's always based on take-off altitude. I think DJI is working on the altitude being set to stay a certain distance off the ground automatically. This would really help in hilly areas.

Nmag,:
about your issue of not executing the auto commands, I noticed it too. Guess this is a bug that litchi should fix!!
Meanwhile, the photo command will work, only if you are not recording before! Meaning should take off with video recording off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nmag,:
about your issue of not executing the auto commands, I noticed it too. Guess this is a bug that litchi should fix!!
Meanwhile, the photo command will work, only if you are not recording before! Meaning should take off with video recording off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
thats right, its the only way for now...hope they can fix it.

I've used app for a few flights. Not had major issues so far. All I can suggest for people wanting to view video is get an ad card reader for device you use. Or plug Phantom into device and transfer videos like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Today there is a new Litchi update, 1.10.0 and one of the enhancements is "adds digital zoom to Phantom 4"

What does that mean? I do not see it in the manual.

Pull the main screen with 2 fingers, and it will digitally zoom the picture, same as the djigo control for the p4.

Ah. Now I understand. I thought someone found a way to make the camera zoom. Thanks!

Hmmmm, you got me there nmag! I have not even noticed where it tells how long the flight will take when you program it. LOL. Lithchi is def not best for every area for sure. I had to fly a golf course the other day about 50% manual because of the severe slope we have here in our area. Some holes would change in elevation by 80ft. Very hard to get that programmed perfect in litchi. Because it's always based on take-off altitude. I think DJI is working on the altitude being set to stay a certain distance off the ground automatically. This would really help in hilly areas.

If you make the mission on google earth you can make it automatically compensate for any changes in ground level and stay at a certain height relative to the ground. Then you just upload that into the litchi hub.

Also, I think flight time might be affected by wind...
I've flown missions that finish exactly when they're supposed to, and I've flown others in which the litchi prediction was way off...

Reactions: KevMo Photog
If you make the mission on google earth you can make it automatically compensate for any changes in ground level and stay at a certain height relative to the ground. Then you just upload that into the litchi hub.

Also, I think flight time might be affected by wind...
I've flown missions that finish exactly when they're supposed to, and I've flown others in which the litchi prediction was way off...

Ok wow. How does Google Earth let you create a mission? And how do you upload it into Litchi? Sorry for being so green on this stuff. This sounds great for this kind of job on golf course holes that have a lot of elevation change and you really want to stay low the whole length of the hole.

If you download google earth (it's free) you can create a path on that and you can set it to automatically compensate for altitude changes. You then can save the mission as a .kml file on your computer. Then you open up the litchi mission hub, and go to the missions tab, and select import mission. You then go to the previously saved mission (from google earth) and can load that into the mission hub. Then you can make smaller adjustments to altitude and stuff, as well as add points of interest. I've seen several YouTube videos on it, that would definitely help you more if you want to look those up...

Reactions: KevMo Photog
If you download google earth (it's free) you can create a path on that and you can set it to automatically compensate for altitude changes. You then can save the mission as a .kml file on your computer. Then you open up the litchi mission hub, and go to the missions tab, and select import mission. You then go to the previously saved mission (from google earth) and can load that into the mission hub. Then you can make smaller adjustments to altitude and stuff, as well as add points of interest. I've seen several YouTube videos on it, that would definitely help you more if you want to look those up...

Thx so much for that help on programming in Google Earth and then transferring to Litchi. Got to try that soon!

Question about Litchi "length of mission"- If you are making up your mission in Litchi hub, look at top center of screen, shows you the distance of mission & elapsed time it takes to run it.
jcoop= good info re- Google earth how to figure ground elevations

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues