Litchi App on iPad 4

Reaction score
Little over a week ago I bought Litchi for my Samsung S6 and am totally sold on this app. So much so I would like to get it for my iPad. Anyone running this app on a 10" ipad or similar? Does it work as well (or better) than a mobile with 5" screen?

Little over a week ago I bought Litchi for my Samsung S6 and am totally sold on this app. So much so I would like to get it for my iPad. Anyone running this app on a 10" ipad or similar? Does it work as well (or better) than a mobile with 5" screen?
I run Litchi on a 12.9" iPad pro and love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use it with my samsung note pro 12.2 , although I dont like the wobble thats caused ( i am fixing that by getting a lanyard / strap )I like it better on the larger screen than my note 4

I use it with my samsung note pro 12.2 , although I dont like the wobble thats caused ( i am fixing that by getting a lanyard / strap )I like it better on the larger screen than my note 4

I bought the Anbee/DJI 2 shoulder strap (Anbee Dual Shoulder Belt Neck Strap Sling Lanyard for DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / 2 Vision / Inspire 1 Transmitters:Amazon.co.uk:Toys & Games) and an extension bracket - yes it can be a little too heavy but I find it ok.

The dual shoulder strap is much better than a neck strap over time, even if it is more fiddly - I tend to wear it under a jacket and just undo the jacket and hook my controller in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I run Litchi on my iPhone 6 and iPad Pro, no problems at all. I bought one of those extender dealies for the device clamp so it would work with the iPad Pro. It's a little heavy, so I just bought a refurb iPad Mini 4 16 gig wifi+cellular from the Apple store for $429. I had previously tried running the Phantom 4 with my original iPad Mini as I have always used on my Phantom 2 V+, but that original iPad Mini just doesn't have the horsepower to manage that real-time HD video. I've heard the the iPad Mini 2 and 3 do OK with the video but might get a little warm. The iPad Mini 4 uses an A8 processor and should do fine, I think.

I bought the Anbee/DJI 2 shoulder strap (Anbee Dual Shoulder Belt Neck Strap Sling Lanyard for DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / 2 Vision / Inspire 1 Transmitters:Amazon.co.uk:Toys & Games) and an extension bracket - yes it can be a little too heavy but I find it ok.

The dual shoulder strap is much better than a neck strap over time, even if it is more fiddly - I tend to wear it under a jacket and just undo the jacket and hook my controller in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
@Morrolan , i acutally just got that one delivered to my house today. Tested it out on my lunch break and think im going to stick with this over the lanyard

I'm not sure but I don't think the IPad is listed in DJI's recommended device list. The IPad mini (2,3,4) and IPad Pro and Air are.

I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong.

I'm not sure but I don't think the IPad is listed in DJI's recommended device list. The IPad mini (2,3,4) and IPad Pro and Air are.

I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong.
I'm afraid you are correct :( Maybe my wife will let me borrow her iPad Air ;)

Reactions: Heff
Just as an update I am looking at the XiaoMi Mi Pad 2 which I can get for about £90 (It's a week old). It's listed on DJI's site. Anyone here use one? It's not 10" - same size as my IPad mini roughly.

After the latest DJI updates my phone isn't working so well. Picture breaks up occasionally whilst flying but back home the footage plays flawlessly on my PC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj