Litchi app on Android

Hi,

I must admit.....quoted only to get your attention! ;)

I'm about to get a new cell phone. I can go with any LG Android Phone that AT&T offers. Was looking at everything from a G6 to a G4 and some of the Samsung models.The bigger the screen, the better.

Could you please tell me one that will perform well with Litchi? I'm dying to use something more robust than the DJI App! Thank you so much for your time, again!

Searched LG G6 on gsmarena.com didn't find anything.
The LG G4 http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-6901.php is more than enough regarding specs, I cannot guarantee 100% that it will work well as I don't know anyone that has tested Litchi with it but it should work without any issues in theory.
For samsung devices, I personally use a note 4 (works fine), I would assume it works fine on the S6 too, and probably on a lot of other samsung devices (too many to list!).

Searched LG G6 on gsmarena.com didn't find anything.
The LG G4 http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-6901.php is more than enough regarding specs, I cannot guarantee 100% that it will work well as I don't know anyone that has tested Litchi with it but it should work without any issues in theory.
For samsung devices, I personally use a note 4 (works fine), I would assume it works fine on the S6 too, and probably on a lot of other samsung devices (too many to list!).

Thank you for that! The LG G4 is, I think, the newest phone from LG that I'm looking into. I'm currently using a Note 8.1 however, it runs DJI just fine but not Litchi. I got it for $50, so not too worried about it since it's not a cell phone and you told me straight up it wouldn't run the Litchi app.

Going to get a new cell phone this coming week. Haven't been extremely happy with my S4 or the S3 before it. So looking for the LG G4. I had a friend recommend the LG G6. Perhaps he was thinking the G4. He has a TBI from Iraq like I do. So I wouldn't be surprised since he is no where near technically savvy even before he was jacked up. ;)

here is some follow me footage from the p3p with the latest alpha:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was very educational. I really liked how it followed you. Does the camera also attempt to keep you locked?

That was very educational. I really liked how it followed you. Does the camera also attempt to keep you locked?

Yes, the developer has an option in follow-me for auto-gimbal where the gimbal tries to pitch up/down to keep the subject in focus if you get too far/close.... it doesn't yaw to keep focus though.

Reactions: Skipholiday
Just wanted to let you know we had our Phantom 2 vision+ v3 out this morning and a minor error / anomaly occurred with our waypoint mission where there was a height issue.

The flight was being recorded (both with data / video) but due to the nature of the height error towards the end of the mission it resulted in me having to manually grab the aircraft before it gracefully ploughed into the ground but I caught in time.

Having grabbed the aircraft still going at full tilt we attempted to shut off power by bringing the left stick down into the off position but this did nothing. So worrying a little we just went in for the kill and powered down the battery.

My point however is unlike the stock app when we returned home we discovered that the video from the mission had successfully saved and not corrupted as it did on occasion with the stock app when you forgot to stop recording via their app.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to change camera settings from auto to manual with the latest alpha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nevermind, found my answer on Litchi's Google group page. camera setting are set in DJI app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hello All,

Newegg has the Google Nexus 7's on sale if your interested in a great tablet for the P2V+ and Litchi.
I couldn't be happier with mine, and the price @ Newegg is very reasonable.

Regards

Hi im currently using this app as the layout looks superb but i do miss the many voice warning which appear on the dji ultimate flight app ,do you possibly think in future youll be adding more voice warnings to this app

How do I know if I have the beta version vs the one I downloaded?

Also, wrists the firmware download requirement after dji's latest release?

Hi im currently using this app as the layout looks superb but i do miss the many voice warning which appear on the dji ultimate flight app ,do you possibly think in future youll be adding more voice warnings to this app
We added a lot of voice warnings in 2.0.5, in general we prefer voice warnings rather than voice announcements so as not to spam users.

How do I know if I have the beta version vs the one I downloaded?
Also, wrists the firmware download requirement after dji's latest release?

2.0.5 is the first release with P3/I1 suport.
You no longer need the developer firmware, the latest public firmware works with Litchi.

I updated my P3A to the latest DJI firmware yesterday - did a short flight with DJI Go app to check firmware and had no problems - status showed as latest firmware installed - didn't get a chance to test any of the new intelligent flight controls as it was getting dark and didn't want to try them first time after dark.

Today I purchased and downloaded the Litchi app on my Samsung Tab4 - when I first started the app it seemed to work fine - I had control of the camera and could see FPV. I switched to Follow Me mode and was adjusting some of the setting when I got a Litchi stopped working message. Restarted the app - switched to Fmode and was inputting some settings when it froze again.

I had the map screen opened and the FPV in the small screen while I was doing the above - I didn't notice when but at some point I lost the camera view - black screen. At that point I had no control of the camera tilt either.

I rebooted the Tab4 and opened the DJI Go app - l got a message that the camera firmware needed updating

At that point I requested a refund for the Litchi app so it would uninstall - as soon as it was uninstalled I rebooted the Tab 4 and opened DJI Go app - everything was normal and I had the message that firmware was latest version.

Appreciate any suggestions on what my problem was - I like the look of the Litchi app and added functionality but my short experience with it was not the best. Is anyone using the app on a Samsung Tab4 and if you are have you had any problems or similar issues with it stop working and loss of video feed/camera control ?

If I can get some idea of what the problem was and how I can avoid it I will certainly repurchase the app.

I am having similar problems to Blueacre. I have been running my Inspire 1 using the DJI Go app on my iPad for a few months now without problems. I like the look and extra flexibility of Litchi so today I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Android Tablet and dowloaded Litchi.

The app connected OK initially but I am now losing the video feed on a regular basis as well as a number of unexpected disconnects during parameter setup. I also note that when I have video feed I am not getting any battery or signal strength readings. Is anybody out there using the Galaxy S2 with Litchi? Any help would be appreciated.

When is magic leash going to approved by ios???

That would be a question for Apple. It's in the queue for the third time now and it normally takes 8-10 days, it's been 7 days so far.

Look in LitchiApp\flightlogs for csv flight logs on your Nexus. It resides in device storage, not SD card.

Note that if you are looking on PC connected to Nexus via USB you may not "see" the file until a device reset, but if you look on a file manager like ES FILE MANAGER the csv file will be viewable.

I have found that my logs are no where to be found... I have learned that by restarting the device prior to connecting to my PC; they appear. Try a restart if you cant find your logs.
I am using an ACER Iconia A1-850....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers