Litchi app on Android

Applies to Phantom 2 Vision, and Phantom 2 Vision +

Hi Kaehn,
Yesterday I flew around 8 minutes in FPV, everything as usual was OK. But when I set the GS icon for initate a mission app crashed. Message shows: "Lichi app closed".
I had to clic OK and re-open app 2 times for getting GS working. It was 12 sats and all good conditions for GS mission. I use Samsung Galaxy S6.

I have the logs if they are usable for detecting issue.

I used the POI function, and the ground station today for the first time.Both very good and easy to use, the POI mostly flew very smoothly,but there were a few jerky movements, even in virtually no wind.
The GS worked OK, but it seemed to struggle finding the first point, and seemed to have a few attempts, and eventually went on its journey.
These are my first attempts, I will no doubt improve. The POI is infinitely better than my manual attempts, thanks.

Question for the group... I've been using the app for a while now and it seems to work great, however today I noticed I can't move the camera up and down on my P2V (not a 2+). This functionally works fine in the stock DJI app... Anyone else experiencing this? Also I can't seem to set the RTH height (in either app)... Could this be a firmware issue? I've deliberately stayed away from FW updates since the start of the year or so. Thanks!!

Reactions: Yaw Master
I have the logs if they are usable for detecting issue.
Crash reports are what we need to fix issues like these (they are sent automatically in the background if you start the app while connected to internet after the crash happened).

Could this be a firmware issue? I've deliberately stayed away from FW updates since the start of the year or so. Thanks!!
Not sure to be honest, I would definitely try to upgrade if you have a very old version.

Testing the Litchi app POI,the pic shows the track from my Flytrex. I flew 2 circles with different radii,it holds the course well,the outer circle I cut short.I will be using this add on regularly,I could never manually fly such an accurate nose in route.
warton.JPG

Reactions: davisual
Need info: I flew yesterday and had 8 satellites and no problem with home lock. Tried the flow me for the first time. It kept giving me won't start no GPS lock. Any one run into this and have a solution. Using my nexus 7 tablet 2nd gen. No problems flying FPV or GS. No so with follow me.

Hi,

Make sure to read the FAQ if you haven't http://flylitchi.com/faq#follow
Otherwise, it could be a lot of things really, I would try with another device or another location if you really can't get it to start where you tried.

I've used your app for two important assignments in the past 2 weeks (a combined total of about 50 flights) and I have to say your app has worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Well I did it. I bought Litchi. I had been a die hard UF fan. My tablet that I use for flying doesn't have a compass in it so I used my Samsung Note 10.1 tablet. It has cellular, gps, compass, everything. I tried a POI flight, it worked great! A little jerky here and there but overall a very good first experience. This might just become my number one flight app. I need some more time with it.
I am also a Dashware fan. Does any one know which data protocol Litchi uses? I haven't tried to import the flight log data yet. I will try Flytrex first but if anyone has done this I would greatly appreciate a short cut. TIA.

got it
Flytrex
it works great!
It's funny I have the same compass issues I did with the other guys app. My compass jerks around in the data.
The compass in the app is fine, it's just the data. Weird. Must be a DJI SDK thing.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of both Litchi and Ultimate Flight. I had intended to use UF for some of the flights but (not having an internet connection) I discovered in the field that, although I had cached the satellite image earlier in Litchi at the hotel, the cached image would not also show up in UF. I guess I have to cache it in both apps before I leave the hotel wifi and leave both apps running in the background.

I agree the Litchi POI seemed a little confused in locating it's starting point going back and forth once, but once it got on track it flew a perfect circle at max height and radius.

has anyone ever tried to draw a dirty picture with your flight log data? It has to be one continuous line obviously.
Maybe I'll plot out a GS peace sign. I have to try this. haha

edit: wow sorry I didn't mean to kill this thread
it's been like the deer in headlights with crickets in the background around here since I posted that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaehn
Wow excellent,I am inspired to try the follow me mode.
I have experimented with POI, and ground station, Follow me next. Thanks for the video.
Thanks :) I did exactly the same but all (POI and GS) on the same morning. The most fun was the trip (11 minutes about 2 km long) during which time I never once turned head after drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164