Litchi app on Android

Quite I miss features like the original vision applications DJI ability to play video and photos wirelessly from mobile phones to the Phantom. Will this feature? 2 It is possible to add a function that, when GS was operated Phantom (camera) to the side? Thanks.

The app runs really well on my nexus7 in all modes. My favorite is the GS waypoints. Fantastic!!!

The app runs really well on my nexus7 in all modes. My favorite is the GS waypoints. Fantastic!!!

Roy, did you update app to 1.6.0 and fly? The update killed (crashed) the app on my Nexus 7 G2. Knowing the service from Kaehn, a fix is imminent so I am not concerned.

Is there an option to save a POI as there is for GS missions?
There isn't, but POI are very quick to setup and we don't think saving them would be very useful?

Quite I miss features like the original vision applications DJI ability to play video and photos wirelessly from mobile phones to the Phantom. Will this feature? 2 It is possible to add a function that, when GS was operated Phantom (camera) to the side? Thanks.
1. We may add the video/photo playback in the future, but it's not our priority right now.
2. heading for waypoints is currently broken in the phantom 2 firmware, I would not put too much hope in DJI fixing the issue sadly

Roy, did you update app to 1.6.0 and fly? The update killed (crashed) the app on my Nexus 7 G2. Knowing the service from Kaehn, a fix is imminent so I am not concerned.
Is your app crashing when switching to any of the autonomous flight modes? Or when you start motors?
If that is the case, it's a known issue with the new DJI SDK that happens only on certain devices. According to DJI it is already fixed and that fix should be released "soon" (no dates). The short term solution is to rollback to the old 1.3.6 version.. if you need it please email [email protected]
I will try to find a workaround but I'm not sure that can be fixed without DJI's update.

Is your app crashing when switching to any of the autonomous flight modes? Or when you start motors?
If that is the case, it's a known issue with the new DJI SDK that happens only on certain devices. According to DJI it is already fixed and that fix should be released "soon" (no dates). The short term solution is to rollback to the old 1.3.6 version.. if you need it please email [email protected]
I will try to find a workaround but I'm not sure that can be fixed without DJI's update.

Nexus 7 G2, never had any issues until update 1.6.0 update. Flew fpv and GS waypoints flawlessly since purchase with 1.3.6

Added POI to update then tested. At motor start, voice announcement of video recording was heard, but screen froze immediately. I did not select GS, Follow Me or POI.

Rollback to 1.3.6 returns app to proper operation.

Thanks, look forward to resolution.

There isn't, but POI are very quick to setup and we don't think saving them would be very useful?

1. We may add the video/photo playback in the future, but it's not our priority right now.
2. heading for waypoints is currently broken in the phantom 2 firmware, I would not put too much hope in DJI fixing the issue sadly
Something like POI but with a GS like pattern do you think will be possible in future? I mean a GS pattern with a point set where the bird should look at while moving. Is achievable with current sdk?

I don't believe DJI will ever fix the heading for waypoints as they are probably focusing on the P3 and Inspire 1 now.
It could be doable with the SDK, but the speed would be very limited (as it would use the same API we use for Follow me and POI), about 15km/h max. It would be a lot of work as it would basically be rewriting Ground Station completely on the app's side and then improve it. We'd like to do it, but I'm not going to make any promise as we are going to focus on bringing a stable version to P3 and I1 owners next.

Reactions: StevenQX
I don't believe DJI will ever fix the heading for waypoints as they are probably focusing on the P3 and Inspire 1 now.
It could be doable with the SDK, but the speed would be very limited (as it would use the same API we use for Follow me and POI), about 15km/h max. It would be a lot of work as it would basically be rewriting Ground Station completely on the app's side and then improve it. We'd like to do it, but I'm not going to make any promise as we are going to focus on bringing a stable version to P3 and I1 owners next.
The heading for waypoint could do that...try to ask if is possible to fix it you that are in contact with them [emoji4]

@Kaehn great work as always. Question regarding POI, it's 100m radius max and I was wondering if that is some technical limit or if you would consider allowing expansion. I am primarily using my quadcopter to take images of large areas of land and the 100m radius is restrictive.

Yesterday I was flying and the winds were pretty big, I was a bit concerned actually. But there was one major problem -- using GS/waypoint mode, the P2V+ would just "stay" at the waypoint instead of moving to the next marker. I had to use RTH feature. I gave it 2-3 minutes before freaking out and sending in the RTH reinforcements.

Later I convinced myself the problem was the high winds, and that I had selected "stay 3 seconds" at the waypoint. In my head, the quadcopter was trying to maintain position for 3 seconds and could not due to high winds, so it was in a forever loop. I will try again today with a selection of 0 seconds and hope the issue is resolved, has anyone else seen this behavior?

Question regarding GS/waypoints - on the final marker when it flies back home, is it supposed to land automatically?

Last edited:
It is a hit or miss on my nexus7 .:confused:

Since it isn't working, and since you are so unhappy about the additional fee, I suggest you ask for a refund which I am sure you will receive. That way you can move on to a different app.

This developer deserves a great deal of credit and I want to defend him against people who make negative comments about a $3 add-on given the amount of time he has spent developing this for our use.

I would have paid $30 happily for POI, in fact, I am going to donate some more money to @Kaehn right now and I encourage everyone else that is thrilled with his app to do so as well.

@Kaehn could you please put a link in the app or on your website for additional donations to support your developing efforts?

I agree. Mind boggling that someone would actually complain about a $3 add-on that you don't even have to buy if you don't need the feature. Seriously?

Kaehn,
You have done some great work for the multitude of our P2 community. Many thanks! WELL DONE!

We understand giving equal time to the other platforms.

Reactions: ctrlbrk
You guys just don't get it, It is the point ,not the $$, you keep throwing the $$ at him,send some $$ my way if your so free at giving it out?, Did i say i was unhappy with the APP?? NO!, i said it was a hit or miss on nex7, go back in this thread and see where i pointed this out, I think the extra $$ for POI is BS!! , This is my opinion not yours, .

You guys just don't get it, It is the point ,not the $$, you keep throwing the $$ at him,send some $$ my way if your so free at giving it out?

In our world it is common for people to earn a paycheck when they put in a lot of work on a commercial product. If you want a free app or disagree with the model of earning compensation for your work, then please find an alternative product and leave this developer alone.

Reactions: Ross
In our world it is common for people to earn a paycheck when they put in a lot of work on a commercial product. If you want a free app or disagree with the model of earning compensation for your work, then please find an alternative product and leave this developer alone.
You know what you can do ( ! ) . I payed for this app and i can say what i want.

Question regarding POI, it's 100m radius max and I was wondering if that is some technical limit or if you would consider allowing expansion. I am primarily using my quadcopter to take images of large areas of land and the 100m radius is restrictive.
Technically we could increase it, but it would require extensive testing so don't expect it soon, as we have a lot on our plates.

Later I convinced myself the problem was the high winds, and that I had selected "stay 3 seconds" at the waypoint. In my head, the quadcopter was trying to maintain position for 3 seconds and could not due to high winds, so it was in a forever loop. I will try again today with a selection of 0 seconds and hope the issue is resolved, has anyone else seen this behavior?
Seems like your analysis of the problem is correct. I could see high winds causing such issue.

Question regarding GS/waypoints - on the final marker when it flies back home, is it supposed to land automatically?
No, it will hover in place at the home point.

@Kaehn could you please put a link in the app or on your website for additional donations to support your developing efforts?
We do not accept donations at the moment, we will think about it. Thank you for the support!

Reactions: ctrlbrk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20