Litchi App Communication

Reaction score
Help me understand something about the Litchi app.
My understanding is that the bird will continue on a waypoint mission and complete it even when the controller/bird are out of range. Since the mission is loaded into the phone or tablet, how can the bird know where the next way point is if the controller can no longer send the information from the tablet?

how can the bird know where the next way point is if the controller can no longer send the information from the tablet?
The remote controller is not sending the mission data in real-time. It sends all of the waypoints to the Phantom before the mission is executed.

My understanding is that the bird will continue on a waypoint mission and complete it even when the controller/bird are out of range. Since the mission is loaded into the phone or tablet, how can the bird know where the next way point is if the controller can no longer send the information from the tablet?

Everything about the mission is uploaded to the AC from the phone or tablet. The mission uploads just before you fly. I would advise keeping the mission within range, however. That way you can cancel mid-point and re-take control if necessary.

After you start your Mission the range doesn't matter, you can actually close/end your controller ;) I realized this on my last mission (a 10min flight) after 8mins my Litchi app crashed!
I restarted it and the app found the bird again, she was still flying fine the mission, finished the mission and came to my home point back automatically.

Right. This is now what I understand. By the way, I find Litchi will indeed unexpectedly crash on occasion.
It starts up again easily enough though. I am working on some way point missions on the Mission Hub. I'll start simple, and stay well within LOS to start. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl