Litchi above ground setting and DJI Max height restrictions

Reaction score
Anyone out there tried climbing a mountainside with the Litchi program? Im curious if there will be an issue with the DJI max height restriction.

Lets say you start out at ground level "0" and you program Litchi to stay 150' above terrain up to the top of a 2000' hill. Will the DJI app prevent it from climbing beyond the max height from the "0" reference?

I don't have a P4 but no it will not go above 500m from take off location.
It's in the firmware in the bird not the Go App .

Reactions: Loz
Lets say you start out at ground level "0" and you program Litchi to stay 150' above terrain up to the top of a 2000' hill. Will the DJI app prevent it from climbing beyond the max height from the "0" reference?

This is _really_confusing.

When you take off, that is 0 altitude. Every foot you climb adds a foot to the altitude. Your Phantom firmware is set to not allow the Phantom to fly higher then 500m above the take off point. It does not matter what app you are using to fly. Above sea level does not come into play at all.

This is _really_confusing.

When you take off, that is 0 altitude. Every foot you climb adds a foot to the altitude. Your Phantom firmware is set to not allow the Phantom to fly higher then 500m above the take off point. It does not matter what app you are using to fly. Above sea level does not come into play at all.

There is no reference to sea level in this thread.

True but it sounds like ASL is what's confusing you because the answer is simply as already stated.
Regardless of where you start, the limit is still 500m up from that point.

Anyone out there tried climbing a mountainside with the Litchi program? Im curious if there will be an issue with the DJI max height restriction.

Litchi will maintain the flight at the "Above Terrain Height" but it has to fall within the DJI Software limit (let's assume you have it bumped up to 500M) and within the aircraft max celing height which is 19,600' ASL.

It will not fly higher than either of those "HARD" limits regardless of what you're asking Litchi to do. Those limits are "bigger" than Litchi so it can't get around them.

500 meters = 1640 ft... wonder if it would work if you takeoff from, say, 5-600 ft up the side of the hill, fly down to the bottom, and start your Litchi mission from there?

500 meters = 1640 ft... wonder if it would work if you takeoff from, say, 5-600 ft up the side of the hill, fly down to the bottom, and start your Litchi mission from there?

It would show a (-) altitude and then return to ZERO and then start going positive again. In theory you could do a 3,240' flight (assuming it goes to -1,640).

To be honest, your post was confusing so I thought I'd include it to be clear.

Your post mentions using Litchi and then asking if the DJI Go app would limit altitude. If you are using Litchi.... you are not using the DJI Go app.

Reactions: Droner66
Litchi will maintain the flight at the "Above Terrain Height" but it has to fall within the DJI firmware limit (let's assume you have it bumped up to 500M) and within the aircraft max celing height which is 19,600' ASL.

Changed to be more correct (less confusing).

There is no 19,600' software or firmware limit. The drone has no way to know how high it is above sea level. People have launched them at this altitude and flown them higher. That is the max altitude that DJI _recommends_ (due to thin air) but it's not a limit. I don't know of any recent firmware or software changes to this.

With that said, I can't imagine flying that high.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I’m also dealing with the 500M limit in mountainous areas in Montana right now. I actually need more than 500M where I like to fly in order to steer clear of mountain sides in the case of a violent wind burst flying through narrow ravines that are very high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers