Lipos

Reaction score
I have two 4s Lipo batteries one is 8000mah the other is 10000mah I got them for free from a guy he had them sitting awhile and I'm discharging them to 12.8volts so that's 3.2volts per cell and I'm doing it at 1.0A slow but steady after that I believe I will balance charge them at 1.5A or 2.0A and get the battery to 16V total so that's 4.0V per cell and test how long it flys ect I realize there is electrolyte decomposition with lipos and especially if they sat for 1-2 years with full charge. Now both the batteries are slightly puffy I watch them closely and I charge them in my barbeque outside lol trust me SMART. So I just want to make this post incase other have dead lipos or old lipos.

I know it's bad and risky but 8000mah and 10000mah batteries cost so much I believe cheapest 8kmah is like 120$ and a 10kmah battery is like 200$ they are definitely weak batteries but because they Sat for so long it's not like they were overcharged or dead they are just weak they dont hold much of a charge I can get like 10 to 12 mins of hover flight and darting around. I will keep a very close eye on them. When I can I will replace them Capt KO for sure.
Slightly puffy? Would not suggest using them in the air.

Reactions: Capt KO
I know it's bad and risky but 8000mah and 10000mah batteries cost so much I believe cheapest 8kmah is like 120$ and a 10kmah battery is like 200$ they are definitely weak batteries but because they Sat for so long it's not like they were overcharged or dead they are just weak they dont hold much of a charge I can get like 10 to 12 mins of hover flight and darting around. I will keep a very close eye on them. When I can I will replace them Capt KO for sure.
Understand. My Gannet drone batteries are 4S 5200 mAh $120.. Haven’t gotten one yet to try to find an aftermarket. Has more pins than normal 4S. Good luck.

Yeah the drone specific batteries is where they really hook us. My phantom 3 is battery specific. My older Dji F550 from 2012 it can use pretty much any 3s lipo or 4s lipo you know so u can use them on RC cars ect..

Reactions: Capt KO
The waterproof Gannet Pro drone (not shipped yet due to the virus) Purposely uses batteries that can be purchased from third party suppliers. Just have to find them once I see it. No way DJI would do that.

just dont, used 2 puffy batteries, just had problems, from unexpected (unexpected because p2 was high in the air - thus conclusion that battery is fine) crashing in midflight to weird turns and crashings, changed motors, spend hours in looking for a reason then just bought 3rd party battery and every problems disappeared ... dont use puffy batteries

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hmm interesting ima still use mine unless someone gives me 300$ to replace my two puffy batteries I love flying too much to not fly. Plus I'm out on the desert if i crash it's literally dirt and trees no one for hundreds of miles in my area.

Metal ammo box for lipo storage safety first :)
Image.jpeg
Image%20(1).jpeg

I have all my fixed wing lipo batteries in a 50 Cal AMMO can. I use to do RC submarines and had the Sub Driver tube leaked water into the battery compartment. That caused 1800 mah lipo's to swell up. I was told that you should soak the batteries in salt water for two weeks then discard them. Swollen lipo's are very dangerous due to fire? That's just what I was told.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic