Linking issues, still

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
I read all the previous posts but there was no real solution. I want to swap controllers on my P4P + v 2. Identical drones and controllers. Method is rather simple, but it just does not work. Any one out there know the secret handshake? Thanks.

Make I understand what the attempt is.
You want to switch a plus controller (V2) to a none plus(V2) controller.
Is that right? Or other way around?
Both controllers have vent holes at the bottom?

Make I understand what the attempt is.
You want to switch a plus controller (V2) to a none plus(V2) controller.
Is that right? Or other way around?
Both controllers have vent holes at the bottom?

Don't know where you got that info from. As stated, two identical P4P v2.0 + systems.

Make sure only one at a time turned on. Assume you are using the in-app linking procedure. Any difference doing manual link? Weird that neither remote links to the other drone. Do it all the time with v1 but never a v2.

The v1 remote will operate different models in advanced settings. Does the v2 do the same (can’t think of any)? Trying to think of a reason it won’t recognize the new drone.

I read all the previous posts but there was no real solution. I want to swap controllers on my P4P + v 2. Identical drones and controllers. Method is rather simple, but it just does not work. Any one out there know the secret handshake? Thanks.
So what does it do during linking,does light on remote flash blue,,does the beeping time out ? What happens when press link button for 2 seconds? What happens in manual linking with button combinations ?does remote light flash blue with remote beeping ?I dont have v2 but lots of questions to help find the answer,,remotes on same firmware not that I think it matter,does it link at all with original remote ok or wont link at all?,is the button clicking like it should

Reactions: Capt KO
Apparently I need to better clearly state what is going on. I own two identical P4P + v2.0 drones. One aircraft is now lost and I want to use it's controller with the other P4P because is has all the flight records and accumulated totals stored in it. So, I have the remaining aircraft on my table with the controller from the lost P4P right next to it. I want to simply link the controller from the lost P4P to the remaining P4P. Simple. I power up the units and go to the screen that allows me to 'Link Aircraft'. I tap on that and the controller beeps, the light turns blue and it is waiting for me to depress the tiny recessed button on the drone. I do that, it begins to flash orange, and no linking takes place. It maters not if I initiate the linking message on the controller from the Go4 page or get there thru the three button sequence. Both take me to the same place. Neither actually result in a link. The two units just are not talking to each other.

Don't know why is so important to use the other RC and not the original one?
If, as you said, because of the saved data it is reachable without the drone as well.

has all the flight records and accumulated totals stored in it.
is it possible the software can't reconcile the 2 different data sets? can you knock one controller to factory defaults, or knock the AC to factory defaults?

Don't know why is so important to use the other RC and not the original one?
If, as you said, because of the saved data it is reachable without the drone as well.

Yes, that's the likely option. I'm not stuck or grounded. Just weird that they won't link. It's supposed to be easy. Ha!, like most easy technology.....

Apparently I need to better clearly state what is going on. I own two identical P4P + v2.0 drones. One aircraft is now lost and I want to use it's controller with the other P4P because is has all the flight records and accumulated totals stored in it. So, I have the remaining aircraft on my table with the controller from the lost P4P right next to it. I want to simply link the controller from the lost P4P to the remaining P4P. Simple. I power up the units and go to the screen that allows me to 'Link Aircraft'. I tap on that and the controller beeps, the light turns blue and it is waiting for me to depress the tiny recessed button on the drone. I do that, it begins to flash orange, and no linking takes place. It maters not if I initiate the linking message on the controller from the Go4 page or get there thru the three button sequence. Both take me to the same place. Neither actually result in a link. The two units just are not talking to each other.
Do you sync your flights,,normally this will bring your flights to what ever screen you use from what ever drone you use,,,,, is this right,it does with my syncing

DJI says if linking fails after 3x to call customer support. ?

if all else fails

Frustrating, should be so simple. Wish I had a v2 to be more help. Nothing under advanced settings for remote? No P4P v2 listed that you can touch? Probably not cuz 1 of a kind remote, just grasping here. V1 can be tricky because of 3 model choices and a set sequence of steps to link a new drone. Unlike the P4 300C remote. Blink, beep, push, done, fly

Good luck.

One last try. Calibrate the sticks before linking (incl gimble wheel). Won’t link if they are off center.

from experience

It could be firmware related.
Use DJI Assistant on both controllers to check their firmware.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have a new Phantom 4 Pro arriving any day now and I will want to replace the new 'device required' controller with my existing '+' controller. I'll report back then.....

So you are saying that you want to replace original RC with P4P+ controller.
I think that it won't go. As I heard this is not interchangeable.

• Haha
Reactions: JoBe

I've already done it in the past. Both units were v.2.0. Only difference is the built in screen.

Reactions: Oso
As noted, this is not accurate. The only difference between P4P and P4P+ is that the + comes with a screen on the RC. The AC is identical and it works perfectly with either RC. Of course, v1 and v2 are not interchangeable, but he’s said that’s not what he’s trying to do.

A P4Pv2 AC works with either a GL300K RC (built in screen) or a GL300L RC. Also with the SMART controller if using the correct FW.

Last edited:
Thank you Oso, you are correct. But, even the brand new P4P aircraft will not link to the plus controller. Time to contact DJI. Oh boy, looking forward to that experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers