Link multiple P3P to 1 controller

Reaction score
I have 2 functional (1 currently no camera) P3P each with own controller.
Is it possible to have both linked to same controller at same time. Just to clarify, not wanting to fly both at same time. But what I might do is fly a test flight using the bird without camera and then a second flight using my P3P with camera, just power down everything then power up with 2nd drone but same controller and screen. I know the apps see them individually by name.

You would need to link each one again as you swap. You cannot just pick up an AC and fly. If you could - then it would be mayhem as others try to fly their P3P's .....

BUT there is a company in Latvia who developed a multi control system where multiple P3's can be flown simultaneously from one control system. They were using it at Demo Shows ... sadly - I cannot find their link anymore ..

Nigel

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks
I was afraid that would be the case. I have enough challenge controlling a single RC in flight, no desire to have multiple in the air same time, but it sure would be convenient to have more than one linked to a single controller. I don’t see the mayhem issue as long as just a single link was active at a time. I was hoping maybe something like Bluetooth on phone with multiple pairing but not all active.

You may not see the mayhem issue ... but what you ask would produce that.

How can a single controller just link without going through linking process to another AC ?

Lets say it could. Lets also say another guy appears in next field or next to you with his Adv / Pro P3 ...

If the controller could just control any Adv / Pro you provide - then that guy is going to have a devils job as well as you as controllers vie for the AC ...

Lets say you are flying your P3P and you go out a few hundred m's or more ... another guy has his P3P or Adv out there somewhere but nearer to your AC than you .... imagine the results for YOUR AC ...

You may not agree - but it is a fundamental reason for singular Coded Link of RC to AC ....

Nigel

While I agree with what you said, I think you may be missing what I’m asking. Not that any bird could be indiscriminately controlled but that a single controller could control more than one bird in an either/or situation via a positive link set up as in current instruction. The controller would only link to a bird powered on that had been properly set up to link and the bird would only link to a controller that had been properly set up to link, not any random controller.
I wonder if anyone has tried this? Link P3P#1 to Controller per instructions. Shut everything down, link P3P#2 to same Controller per instruction. Shut down. What happens when attempting to reconnect to P3P#1 again? Has the link been overwritten by the second linking? Does #1 somehow know it isn’t linked anymore? Maybe each linking session produces a unique linking code? I don’t know.

While I agree with what you said, I think you may be missing what I’m asking. Not that any bird could be indiscriminately controlled but that a single controller could control more than one bird in an either/or situation via a positive link set up as in current instruction. The controller would only link to a bird powered on that had been properly set up to link and the bird would only link to a controller that had been properly set up to link, not any random controller.
I wonder if anyone has tried this? Link P3P#1 to Controller per instructions. Shut everything down, link P3P#2 to same Controller per instruction. Shut down. What happens when attempting to reconnect to P3P#1 again? Has the link been overwritten by the second linking? Does #1 somehow know it isn’t linked anymore? Maybe each linking session produces a unique linking code? I don’t know.

What I read from you now is a modified question ...

There is nothing to stop linking as required controller to what AC you want. But as you link to an AC - it overwrites the previous. Therefore if you link to A .... then link to B .... the link coding for A is overwritten and you would need to re-link A to fly it ... which in turn overwrites B ...

The controller can only have one link saved in the system.

Nigel

I guess you'll have to do a test to be sure, but I think @solentlife is right - since the transceiver circuits within the drone and within RC are almost identical, the binding is most likely stored on both sides.

DJI claims the encryption used for radio signals is safe - and the only way to achieve that would be to exchange public keys during binding, and store them on both sides.

Thanks for the answers.

My apologies if my original wording was lacking in clarity. I did not modify the question, but perhaps I did make it clearer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews