Limit the max P3 speed?

Reaction score
Is it possible to limit Phantom's speed somehow? I know I can just pull the stick a bit lighter, but I am wondering, if there is a way to limit P3's speed even at full throttle?

Thanks.

That's not possible. Practice is the best way to control the throttle.

This might be helpful as well:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No, you got me wrong. I know how to control the throttle, have hundreds of flight hours in my fingers, no crashes whatsoever, own 2x P2V+, 1x Inspire 1 and now one P3 Pro. It's more on the regulatory side of the crazy country I live in, if I could find a way to limit just a few meters per second, some rules would not apply to my equipment. Thus, the need to seek :)

3d print a disc to attach to the remote control that would limit the potential stick range.

Yeah, that could do the trick, physical limitation on the RC. As the last resort option, great.

Would setting the gains effect speed?

No idea, would it? I am afraid to mess with gains, not too big fan of customizing with trials and errors, not really knowing if my settings will cause it to flip or something.

Yeah, that could do the trick, physical limitation on the RC. As the last resort option, great.

No idea, would it? I am afraid to mess with gains, not too big fan of customizing with trials and errors, not really knowing if my settings will cause it to flip or something.
Default when bird is on is 100% for all settings... Almost seems like you can speed up in all areas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: misipile
Take off one of the props. That will slow it down. ;)

Wow, that's crazy speed. And what I need is exactly opposite - in calm weather, no wind. Obviously, with tail winds you cannot limit it much :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.