Lightbridge downlink Choppy

Reaction score
I am having issues with my downlink whenever flying even when I have full hd signal. I get very choppy video and delayed video. I also need help in understanding how to read the channel graph in the pilot app. My antennas are pointed just like the manual says so I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this.

The tablet or phone used can make a difference, if it's underpowered. You can also turn down the video feed somewhat when choosing a channel............ slide the slider to the lower value. On the channel graph, ideally, you want the "quietest" one (least interference), that is between 2 "quiet" ones.......... one on either side. If that makes sense.

I am using a iPhone 6 this problem only started a few days ago. I fly near a satellite dish so I'm not sure if that matters.

I have also started to have this problem. Looks like a few people are also posting YouTube videos about it. Just started without any particular reason so not sure of cause. Not changed firmware or viewing device.

I've experiencing black screen, video lag and frame freeze for a few seconds some times at place where signal was strong and without video link trouble before.

My current hypothesis is that it's related to high ambient temperature. Never had issues on cool days but some problems on hot ones. Generally, the first minutes everything is fine but bad video links arise afterward. Distance doesn't seem an issue : could happen with my P3P right next to me which make me think it's not a signal issue.

Just don't know if it's the P3 camera or the iOS device that is the culprit. Have had the symptoms on both an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini retina. Next time, I will switch the iOS device to check if the one that was just freshly started and colder is working better.

Maher

I've experiencing black screen, video lag and frame freeze for a few seconds some times at place where signal was strong and without video link trouble before.

My current hypothesis is that it's related to high ambient temperature. Never had issues on cool days but some problems on hot ones. Generally, the first minutes everything is fine but bad video links arise afterward. Distance doesn't seem an issue : could happen with my P3P right next to me which make me think it's not a signal issue.

Just don't know if it's the P3 camera or the iOS device that is the culprit. Have had the symptoms on both an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini retina. Next time, I will switch the iOS device to check if the one that was just freshly started and colder is working better.

Maher
I think your hypothesis about the heat may be correct as I only experience video delaying temperatures when the temprature is around 110 degrees Fahrenheit. My iPhone is blistering hot within a few minutes of taking off.

I think your hypothesis about the heat may be correct as I only experience video delaying temperatures when the temprature is around 110 degrees Fahrenheit. My iPhone is blistering hot within a few minutes of taking off.
Wow! Yes, 110 is really hot! I've been flying the last few days in 93-95 degree heat with no problems, but I bet the 110 could be affecting it. I don't recall offhand what the operating temps are.

Operating temperatures are 0 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. I guess this mean I can't fly anytime soon as temperatures stay above 102 degrees for majority of the day.

We need to find if it's a problem related to an overheat of the Phantom electronic or the phone/tablet. The first will be hard to address, the second may be corrected/ retarded by a simple tinny ice pack behind the viewing device.

Has anyone checked to see how many apps they have open? I find when weirdness ensues on my iPhone 6 - if I shut down a bunch of background apps the problem generally goes away. Each of those apps is using a little memory footprint - eventually memory can get fragmented and therefore cause some issues with what kind of data an app can load cleanly.

This is all just theoretical though.... might be worth a look.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31