Lens filters

Reaction score
ive been looking at some pilot pro cinema series filters. What I don't know or can't decide is do I need the polarised versions over the non polarised versions?

So would a ND16/PL be better than just a ND16?

Thanks

If I were you I'd go with the Polar Pro "shutter" collection.

Their polarized "vivid" collection are nice for certain situations (like flying over water), but you always need to be aware of the position of the sun to achieve the best results.

The "shutter" series are a lot more user friendly IMHO. But I am in no way a professional photographer so others may disagree..

I had the vivid collection at first but did not like all the tinkering and sun placement concerns.

Fortunately the good people at PP allowed me to exchange them for the shutter collection.

I just wish they would've packaged them with a ND8/ND16/ND32. (replacing the ND64 with the ND8)

Reactions: Dazzauk
If I were you I'd go with the Polar Pro "shutter" collection.

Their polarized "vivid" collection are nice for certain situations (like flying over water), but you always need to be aware of the position of the sun to achieve the best results.

The "shutter" series are a lot more user friendly IMHO. But I am in no way a professional photographer so others may disagree..

I had the vivid collection at first but did not like all the tinkering and sun placement concerns.

Fortunately the good people at PP allowed me to exchange them for the shutter collection.

I just wish they would've packaged them with a ND8/ND16/ND32. (replacing the ND64 with the ND8)

Thanks buddy, i have just ordre the basic polor pro kit, i think it has a nd 4 and a nd 8 and a cpl?

So would like a nd16 and possibly 32 also..

This is helpful, I just ordered my P4P and I need to buy filters too. Do you guys recommend packs with multiple filters, or ordering one by one based on your needs?

This is helpful, I just ordered my P4P and I need to buy filters too. Do you guys recommend packs with multiple filters, or ordering one by one based on your needs?

I think individual would work out very expensive.

Reactions: ZenithImage

I'd suggest these:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Filters - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

And I see they have actually swapped out the ND64 for the ND8 (like I wish they'd have come for my P4).

This pack, along with the stock clear lens, should cover most conditions well.

Keep in mind that you'll probably need the PolarPro lens cover in replacement of the stock lens/gimbal guard if you do go this route. At least that's the way it was for the P4.

Last edited:
I'd suggest these:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Filters - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

And I see they have actually swapped out the ND64 for the ND8 (like I wish they'd have come for my P4).

This pack, along with the stock clear lens, should cover most conditions well.

Keep in mind that you'll probably need the PolarPro lens cover in replacement of the stock lens/gimbal guard if you do go this route. At least that's the way it was for the P4.

So is the ND64 not used much?

Also are you saying the stock gimble guard won't fit with the polar pro filters on.?

Daz

So is the ND64 not used much?

Also are you saying the stock gimble guard won't fit with the polar pro filters on.?

Daz

I have yet to use my ND64. But it may come in handy on real bright, sunny days while flying over water (or snow). I have done neither yet.

And no the stock gimbal guard does not fit around the PP filters. The PP filters have a ridged edge which the stock guard won't fit around.

However, the PP lens guard is so much easier to install/uninstall than the stock one.

It doesn't keep the camera locked in position as well as the stock guard, but I haven't ran into any problems when transporting while using the PP guard along with that foam piece that the P4 came with that supported the back portion of the camera.

Reactions: Dazzauk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel