Lend/rent drone - how to handle the DJI Go account?

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanna lend my drone to my brother, but I don't wanna give him my personal login and password for the DJI account. So I wonder how should I instruct him?

He has to create his own DJI account, then when he connects the RC to his handheld device, opens DJI Go, login in Go he will simply see my drone in the list of "owned" drones and can fly it?

Will he see also the logs of the previous flights?

Also, since I'm not using my drone much anymore I was considering to rent it on occasional basis (I'll ask a deposit fee so if they steal or break it at least I don't lose all...). How would you advise me to proceed with my customers? Should I tell them the same, to create their DJI account, install Go, login before meeting me to get the drone? Simple as that?

Other concerns?

Thanks for letting me know

He has to create his own DJI account, then when he connects the RC to his handheld device, opens DJI Go, login in Go he will simply see my drone in the list of "owned" drones and can fly it?
Yes.

Will he see also the logs of the previous flights?
No.

Reactions: firepol
Flight logs are not kept on the removable SD card. There's a 2gb card internal to the AC that holds details of recent flights, app keeps logs there too though not quite as detailed. You can clear logs on app but not on AC. You can copy out the AC DAT files though, just not delete them.

I'm wondering how renting the quad would fit with FAA regs.
Would that fall under commercial part 107 rules? Registration?

Flight logs are not kept on the removable SD card. There's a 2gb card internal to the AC that holds details of recent flights, app keeps logs there too though not quite as detailed. You can clear logs on app but not on AC. You can copy out the AC DAT files though, just not delete them.
Litchi

I'm wondering how renting the quad would fit with FAA regs.
Would that fall under commercial part 107 rules? Registration?
Depends on the renter and how he flies it. If he is just hobby flying it, might have him put his own registration number on it. If he is flying it under Part 107, it would be treated the same way as any other aircraft. The AC is registered in the owner's name. Keep a copy of the rental or 'lease' agreement on file so if the FAA ever has any questions you can point them to the guy who was likely flying the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav