Led after market lights P3s

Didn't get the best ratings. Any problems you've encountered with the strips? Would you definitely recommend them. I can tell you they look pretty fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have also bought those strips and haven't had a problem yet. There was some bad reviews but I still got them and they work great. Have had them on for about 2 months and 35 flights. So far so good. Haven't had them fall off either.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
I have also bought those strips and haven't had a problem yet. There was some bad reviews but I still got them and they work great. Have had them on for about 2 months and 35 flights. So far so good. Haven't had them fall off either.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

So is there any separation between the adhesive and the aircraft??

No not on mine,they haven't fallen off. I did put into my case once and hit the led strips and it came off a little. I just pushed it back on. There pretty sticky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Does it look pretty cool when flying? And can you change the color of the lights?

It looks like you can tear off sections to match a specific length. How does the LED remote work for this?

Does it look pretty cool when flying? And can you change the color of the lights?

It looks like you can tear off sections to match a specific length. How does the LED remote work for this?
you can pick any color you want have it flash or have it strobe just have to set what you want when its close to you with remote and yes night flights take on a whole new meaning plus freaks out neighbors

you can pick any color you want have it flash or have it strobe just have to set what you want when its close to you with remote and yes night flights take on a whole new meaning plus freaks out neighbors
Gotcha. Is there some sort of battery that keeps the lights running, or do you charge them. How does it work? I noticed some zip ties or rubber bands in your video.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

there is a wire that slips over battery connection so runs off dji battery
2016-02-26 15.39.52.jpg

this is what end of connector looks like slips over battery terminal
upload_2016-7-21_17-41-20.png

I did the same lights from Amazon. Here they are mounted to a lightweight hula hoop. It looks freaking sick at night!

I can't get over how crazy awesome this looks. Looks so nice! (Except I assume you can see the hula hoop in the video recordings)? Is installation difficult?

At night the black hula hoop is not really visible unless I am close to the ground. I have a new body that I am planning to paint tonight and it will either be black or a chameleon flip color that will be a lot darker than stock white. When I flew it the other day I taped over the arm lights so it was basically invisible until I remotely turned on the LED light ring. Needless to say it appears out of thin air then disappears just as fast. That is a cool effect that probably looks like a UFO to some people.

P.S. The only drawback is that due to large size the drone does not handle as well as it should. The advantage of the lights being taped right to the body is lighter weight and probably no real effect on flight time or handling. I am planning on a lighter weight version using very thin wood dowels or something similar. I like to tinker with stuff like this and really want a true circular shape. P.S. My lights circle the hoop twice for double width and two angles from below. You can see the "circle" from anywhere below or on the side of it.

Last edited:
Did this come in yet? I would love to see a video of it in action!
Yes it arrived, sorry i totally forgot about this, will see if i can do a video this evening, very pleased with the strobe, very bright and the tiny and i really mean tiny lipo lasts for ages, a fantastic little device

Yes it arrived, sorry i totally forgot about this, will see if i can do a video this evening, very pleased with the strobe, very bright and the tiny and i really mean tiny lipo lasts for ages, a fantastic little device
I'd like to see this too! Thanks for sharing!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj