Aircraft disconnected after software update, red RC LED, yellow blinking lights, PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought my phantom pro + 2 days ago, yesterday I upgraded AC software and RC software and after the upgrade AC lights started flashing yellow, the link buttton on the AC started to flash orange and the RC has a red LED light on.... When i enter RC dji go, it does not connect to the AC even though the AC is ON, it just says ENTER DEVICE and the menu inside shows no sattelites, no bat. level, nothing, it just says AC disconnected in the top left corner.... tried pairing it through dji go app and link button, but it does not respond when i click on the link button, it just keeps flashing orange, tried manually through RC buttons, and the DDDD sound just keeps beeping on.... I even tried erasing everything on the dji go, still no connection, tried factory settings through DJI assistant, nothing... AC had a total of an hour and a half of flight, out of the box, never did it crash land and I didt dropped my RC... so what the hell is going on, any ideas?? Please help, desperate to get my bird in the air.... thanks for the answers in advance

reset your controller and re-pair if necessary:

to re-link mine i had to turn everything off then on the remote hold down C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, while turning on the remote. that reset the remote then i just followed the linking instructions.

no luck...the link button on the AC is flashing orange, and does not respond or change color when I press it.... what is going on here?? anybody please???

Yes, the shutter button is on your right hand side as you hold the RC. You need to hold all three down, then turn on the RC.

Yes, the shutter button is on your right hand side as you hold the RC. You need to hold all three down, then turn on the RC.
yes, i did exactly as you wrote and all it does is that the screen turns on, shows DJI logo and enters the menu of the dji go, no change in the solid red LED light... oh yes the AC software is the latest version and the RC software is 01.02.00.00. im kinda losing all hope and considering taking it back to the shop for a refund or for them to give me a new drone, its not even 2 days old, for a device that costs a lot of money, this is certainly not acceptible. So what do you think is there anything more to try??

yes, i did exactly as you wrote and all it does is that the screen turns on, shows DJI logo and enters the menu of the dji go, no change in the solid red LED light... oh yes the AC software is the latest version and the RC software is 01.02.00.00. im kinda losing all hope and considering taking it back to the shop for a refund or for them to give me a new drone, its not even 2 days old, for a device that costs a lot of money, this is certainly not acceptible. So what do you think is there anything more to try??
And you've tried just relinking the RC to the AC, as per this?

And you've tried just relinking the RC to the AC, as per this?
yes every single step is by the book, still no change, tried refreshing the software on the AC and all it did is that the LINK button is noe solid green instead flashing orange, but there still is no response when i press the button

thats it, I am taking this waste of money back, I mean come on, you spend so much money for a an hour and a half of air time?? so far this has been the single most stupid thing bought this year...

thats it, I am taking this waste of money back, I mean come on, you spend so much money for a an hour and a half of air time?? so far this has been the single most stupid thing bought this year...
You've had a single bad experience - this is not a Pinto you've bought. I'm sure they'll exchange/fix it for you....

oh and I have to add my max distance from me to the AC was 513 meters and than the signal would get lost....far from the advertised 3km or something like that... there was a clear line of view between me and the drone, yet all it managed was 513 and than RTH activated itself, this cant be what I was looking for....

oh and I have to add my max distance from me to the AC was 513 meters and than the signal would get lost....far from the advertised 3km or something like that... there was a clear line of view between me and the drone, yet all it managed was 513 and than RTH activated itself, this cant be what I was looking for....

I was having range issues as well... at first. :) You may need to adjust the frequencies and channels.. adding a pair of Windsurfers seemed to help as well.

For what it's worth, I haven't updated the firmware on my Pro+ since I got it. If it ain't broke and all that.

I've come to this thread quite late, so I'm not sure if you resolved the issue or perhaps sent the drone back. But, I had the very same issue this evening, with a brand new P4A (my 2nd in 6 weeks, following a crash and loss of the first one - see another thread for details).

I updated the new firmware in both the aircraft and the controller, and then got "aircraft disconnected" and "gimbal disconnected" errors messages. I tried everything (almost), for about 2 hours. Deleting the cache in my phone, deleting the app and reinstalling it, re-setting the factory presets in the A/C and reinstalling the firmware update in the A/C.

What I didn't try (until I read @Numone 's post above) was to re-link the controller to the aircraft, mainly because I had done it prior to the updates. But, I tried it anyway, and...it worked. Everything is now fully connected.

I hope this helps.

Stephen

Reactions: Numone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan