Latest Litchi update has new features.

Reaction score
Just updated my Litchi app on IOS and noticed in the release notes that it has a couple of new features - RTH/Land button and Find My Aircraft. I checked after my update and indeed the Find my Aircraft is there now. Haven't been able to fly lately as it has been too windy but I am hoping there is now a RTH button available for the P3S. Won't know until I can fly because right now it only has the takeoff button. I'm assuming once the craft is in the air and far enough away the land button will become RTH. If this is so then that is a long awaited addition especially on a P3S. DJI GO has always had the onscreen RTH button but not Litchi. I prefer Litchi and use it 99.9% of the time to fly my P3S. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to confirm whether or not there is now a RTH button since it is supposed to be less windy.

Chris

Awesome! Updating now, Probably won't be able to fly for a few days though... SNOW :/

Hello,
Ive been trying to research Litchi and am planning to get it and test it out. Im reading alot about in app purchases etc.
So, can anyone tell me a couple things? Is there a free version (to try it out), and what in app purchases are there? Do you need alot of them for the ultimate experience?
And as a side note, ryantrax, I'm curious, why cant you fly in snow? Just visibility? We dont have snow yet but I thought that would sort of cool. Or maybe the GPS wouldn't work so well...?

Reactions: smackc4
An RTH button would be nice in Litchi but there’s really no need for it. Flipping the S2 switch at least two times (per the manual) will initiate RTH. This works in DJI Go AND Litchi (when manually flying).

Hello,
Ive been trying to research Litchi and am planning to get it and test it out. Im reading alot about in app purchases etc.
So, can anyone tell me a couple things? Is there a free version (to try it out), and what in app purchases are there? Do you need alot of them for the ultimate experience?
And as a side note, ryantrax, I'm curious, why cant you fly in snow? Just visibility? We dont have snow yet but I thought that would sort of cool. Or maybe the GPS wouldn't work so well...?

There is no free or trial version and there are no in-app purchases. Once you purchase it, you get the full version, you don’t have to pay extra to get more features. Also note that Litchi is platform specific (iOS/Android). You have to purchase it again if you switch platforms or use devices from both platforms (eg. iPhone and Android tablet).

Like you, I was initially hesitant to purchase since there is no trail version but took the chance and now I use it almost exclusively.

Chris

Reactions: smackc4 and Pharm
Hello,
I think he’s referring to flying WHILE it’s snowing. I’m sure he just doesn’t want to risk melting snowflakes getting his Phantom’s internals wet.

Reactions: smackc4
An RTH button would be nice in Litchi but there’s really no need for it. Flipping the S2 switch at least two times (per the manual) will initiate RTH. This works in DJI Go AND Litchi (when manually flying).
Yes, I know but its nice to have. Makes it just like the GO app. I need to use the app anyway to change settings like pano settings, shutter speed and occasionally ISO all of which must be done in the app on my P3S.

Reactions: Pharm
Ok thank you. That makes sense about flying while its snowing.
Ive noticed my signal is pretty choppy while flying as its been getting colder. Although I think it may be the iPad from what Ive been reading here. The last couple days, in 30-40 deg. Fahrenheit Ive barely gotten a mile range, and I lose picture often.

Heading out now for a hike with my P3S. Fresh blanket of snow and -10C.

I can confirm, Litchi now has a RTH button! After taking off, the takeoff/land button changes to a green H. It stays that way until you have landed. Did not test the new RTH button or use it to land. I hand caught because of the snow on the ground.

Chris

Thats good to know.
Can you tell me; and this will sound like a dumb question, but I was looking at how you can set up a flight with waypoints etc in Litchi. I assume it must maintain contact with the controller or it will initialize the RTH? Is that right?

Thats good to know.
Can you tell me; and this will sound like a dumb question, but I was looking at how you can set up a flight with waypoints etc in Litchi. I assume it must maintain contact with the controller or it will initialize the RTH? Is that right?

When you create a waypoint mission and start the mission it will fly the mission even if it looses contact with the controller. You can set what it will do at the last waypoint (RTH, land, or hover).

I always fly within LOS and have not lost connection with the controller on any of my missions but many others have done missions where the AC looses connection with the controller and the AC has completed the mission. You just need to make sure all your waypoints are set properly (ie., height to clear any obstacles on its path.

Chris

Right that makes sense, thats my biggest fear is a collision. I plan to get the P4 Pro eventually.
Thanks for the info, Ill be buying Litchi this weekend when I can fly again. These winter evenings are killing me.

CC131975-8853-402F-86B9-BB621E0E2F5A.png
Oops, a correction. You set the finishing action in the mission settings not at the last waypoint. See above.

Glad to help.

Litchi is a great app. I have never had any problems with it and it was worth every penny I paid for it.

Chris

Right that makes sense, thats my biggest fear is a collision. I plan to get the P4 Pro eventually.
Thanks for the info, Ill be buying Litchi this weekend when I can fly again. These winter evenings are killing me.
Best way is to plan your missions on the Litchi Mission Hub - www.flylitchi.com/hub
You can export your mission as 3d KML on the menu which can be imported into Google Earth (free) where you can see a "curtain" describing the path and height of your aircraft over terrain and buildings.
It's pretty cool and powerful stuff.

Bonus points: Litchi uploads flight logs to Airdata UAV if you have an account (free) that tracks your flights and details just about everything there was to know about it. Highly recommended!

Be careful with the "Reverse" option to end the mission.
You have to stop the mission manually for it to make the AC re-trace its waypoints.
If you don't, it will just hover until it runs low on power and will then likely land.
So don't use it if you plan to loose connection during a mission or else you won't be able to end the mission manually.
I found this out while testing a short straight out-and-back mission with Reverse selected as the end of mission action.
Just stayed there and hovered. I wound up turning around manually and commng home.

Reactions: Brojon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31