Latest firmware

I just got my DJI P4A today and after a full battery / controller charge I dug in and performed the firmware upgrade.............via DJI Go 4 app. First thing I did was upgrade the remote controller (after activation) by connecting my iPad via USB cable. I was prompted inside of the app to upgrade my remote. The firmware downloaded and updated in about 10 minutes with no issues. I rebooted the remote and it came back clean. I then unhooked the USB from the remote (leaving it on) and hooked into the micro USB on the A/C. The DJI Go 4 app immediately informed me that I needed to update the A/C firmware. I clicked on download and it ran the download / upgrade within about 10 minutes. I rebooted the A/C and the update notice didn't show back up. After turning everything off (A/C, Controller, and Go4 app), I plugged the iPad back into the controller, turned it on and the A/C on. They connected seamlessly. I went into the Go 4 app and verified that current versions of the firmware. All functions in the app are working fine. The only thing I didn't do was put her in the air, which I will do first thing tomorrow. Ground checks seem all green so we will see tomorrow. Good luck pilots!!!

John....My update went fine and I have zero issues. It is my opinion DJI is simply protecting their future as more drones reach the sky by building in more safeguards to their firmware that keep operators from dangerous situations. Last thing anyone wants is to have the government get into regulating how, where, and when we fly.

Call support....I am sure they can help you resolve your issues.

I never update to the latest and I stopped updating once the rollback feature ended. Mine flys just fine without the update

I just got my DJI P4A today and after a full battery / controller charge I dug in and performed the firmware upgrade.............via DJI Go 4 app. First thing I did was upgrade the remote controller (after activation) by connecting my iPad via USB cable. I was prompted inside of the app to upgrade my remote. The firmware downloaded and updated in about 10 minutes with no issues. I rebooted the remote and it came back clean. I then unhooked the USB from the remote (leaving it on) and hooked into the micro USB on the A/C. The DJI Go 4 app immediately informed me that I needed to update the A/C firmware. I clicked on download and it ran the download / upgrade within about 10 minutes. I rebooted the A/C and the update notice didn't show back up. After turning everything off (A/C, Controller, and Go4 app), I plugged the iPad back into the controller, turned it on and the A/C on. They connected seamlessly. I went into the Go 4 app and verified that current versions of the firmware. All functions in the app are working fine. The only thing I didn't do was put her in the air, which I will do first thing tomorrow. Ground checks seem all green so we will see tomorrow. Good luck pilots!!!
UPDATE::: So I just flew for an entire battery charge (down to 15%) with absolutely no issues. Tried a few of the flight modes and they worked fine. I'm up and running. Hope this process helps everyone out! Good luck and Fly Safe!!!

got a e mail from DJI saying they would ber returning my phantom in 3 days.
I called DJI to find out what they did to fix it.
after talking to one of there reps for over half an hour he told me that my a/c was UN FIXABLE.
he said they would be sending me a new one.
I asked him if this would be a rerferbeshed one or a new one.
he said it would be a new one.
with the latest firmware updates.
what will I be getting into now.

I tried to download the update for my Phantom 4 Pro +. The DJI site said I needed V 1.2.0.0 for my controller. Downloaded it using Micro SD as per site description. When controller tried to connect with aircraft it says I need to upload V 01.04.0602. I try to and the controlled up load is grayed out and won't upload. I can't find the upload for V 01.04.0602 anywhere. I have BRICK.

Hi did you sort out your problem as i just reading it now.

Guys and girls we are all under fire for the mistakes of a few. I am the owner of three DJI drones (Phantom 4 Pro +, Mavic Pro & Inspire 2) I agree with doing the latest firmware updates and have had very little issue if any. I've been doing the drone thing now for about four years and have had a lot of fun. I live in Southern California where their are a few restrictions depending on the city. I recently traveled to Chiapas Mexico and took the Mavic because of comfort in size. Mexico like every place else has a few restrictions. It was fortunate that I checked for firmware updates the day before my travel because their was one. Would that have effected my use of the drone if I did not do the update, I don't know ?. I don't use any third application I only use DJI's Go 4 app. Some times I just have the scratch my head after reading some of the comments. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and maybe this isn't the right forum for some opinions. We all need to stay in touch and informed.

dude - there’s no way you don’t know why this is happening. and it’s not criminal. it’s responsible.
It's responsible to release a firmware to control your quad, or big Brother it, while turning it into something that either will not fly or is not safe to fly? How so?

Until recently, I was of the firm opinion that most of the people complaining about the latest firmware update, (I cannot call it an upgrade because it is not.) were probably not doing the update correctly.

My opinion has changed. My perfectly working Phantom 4 pro no longer works, it is a brick, a door stop, a very expensive paperweight.

DJI appear to have initiated something which is either sinister, downright incompetent or a deception which they are not prepared to admit.

The very fact that they have disabled roll back on the firmware is very telling.

They are saying to their customers you will do what we want regardless of the consequences.

DJI should immediately allow a roll back of the firmware to a point where all owners are satisfied that their drones are working to a level where the customer has a perfectly working drone.

If DJI insist in keeping control of drones which are no longer their property then they should be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.

I find their actions disgusting.

John.

Hi John,

Please let me preface this by saying that grammar is not my strength so please excuse any you may see.

To the meat of it, when an OEM creates a product they have a responsibility to create the most safe situation possible. From many posts, stories on the news and even personal experiences it is obvious that people will do just about anything to bypass safety. On occasion I have done it and I would speculate that there is not one reader out there that can claim they have never used something in a manner that was inconsistent with the manufacturers intended use.
I am an OEM Service Engineer that deals with customer issues everyday. Many of these issues are a direct result of using the device incorrectly or trying to achieve a result that the device was not designed to provide.

When a device is used in an improper manner, often people get hurt. Due to the litigious nature of society today OEM's must build in as much idiot proofness as possible.

The times my p4p has gone awry are a direct result of my lack of either understanding or ignorance of conditions that could cause issues.

My P4 flies very well on 3.1.3, the main reason for me not to update is that my tablet can't run GO4 (samsung tab4), I tried and the video on my tablet was pure crap then it crashed but the bird flew fine. I could role back at the time.

Until recently, I was of the firm opinion that most of the people complaining about the latest firmware update, (I cannot call it an upgrade because it is not.) were probably not doing the update correctly.

My opinion has changed. My perfectly working Phantom 4 pro no longer works, it is a brick, a door stop, a very expensive paperweight.

DJI appear to have initiated something which is either sinister, downright incompetent or a deception which they are not prepared to admit.

The very fact that they have disabled roll back on the firmware is very telling.

They are saying to their customers you will do what we want regardless of the consequences.

DJI should immediately allow a roll back of the firmware to a point where all owners are satisfied that their drones are working to a level where the customer has a perfectly working drone.

If DJI insist in keeping control of drones which are no longer their property then they should be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.

John.
That's odd they said if you did not like update you could install the last firmware

John.
This is exactly my experience too. I want to roll back but now cant' but could three weeks ago. Now they want me to send it away for 'repairs' but it is merely a software glitch. Doesn't anyone from this forum know how we can simply roll back to previous firmware?

I have only had my P4Pro for a week and updated it before flying so I can't compare to previous firmware but I have found a couple of issues. It was set on 5.8ghz and because Auto was highlighted, I assumed it would select the best channel in 5.8 or 2.4ghz but it continually flew on 5.8 and the range was very limited even though I was out in the country. Having found out this seems to be a known problem, I will switch it to 2.4
The other issue is that the camera focus seems to be continually hunting, in and out of focus. I have a Mavic which I have been flying for 7 months and it's camera is far better than the P4Pro unless I can find what is wrong with it.

John,
I have never had any problems flying and I really enjoyed it. It all worked like a dream and I as quite amazed that so many people seemed to be having problems with their drones, especially with the latest firmware.
Then it happened. I had loaded the latest firmware about a month ago but had not tried to fly until yesterday. I thought that I had used the correct procedure to connect, connecting through DJI GO4 initially. I use Litchi because of teir superb waypoint mission program. Litchi will not now upload missions, even missions that I have flown before the new firmware.
If there was a chance to roll back the firmware to the one that I know worked I would be happy but for some reason, DJI, in their infinite knowledge, have disabled the roll back feature.
I do not appear to be the only person affected by this denial.

Regards, John.
I posted this exact problem about 10 days ago, still Litchi doesn't work.

John....My update went fine and I have zero issues. It is my opinion DJI is simply protecting their future as more drones reach the sky by building in more safeguards to their firmware that keep operators from dangerous situations. Last thing anyone wants is to have the government get into regulating how, where, and when we fly.

Call support....I am sure they can help you resolve your issues.
I am sure you are right but why are so many people having a problem with the update?
It can be updater error or lack of clarity in the update instructions, it can be many things but it is beyond doubt that people are having problems.

I'm a Phantom 3 Pro user and have enjoyed it but wanted to step up to the P4Pro. It arrived on Friday, 5 days earlier than was expected. I broke it open and charged the batteries. Saturday I came to work and fired it up with the aircraft sitting while it sat on my desk. I was prompted to update the firmware. I did it using the newly downloaded DJI GO 4 app on my iPad mini. Everything seemed to go correctly until my AC got to 99% and wouldn't complete updating (30 minutes at 99%). I turned off the AC and back on but it kept saying 99%. I turned off the RC and back on but the 99% persisted. Prior to all of this I had seen the camera image on my iPad and thought it looked superior to my P3Pro.

Finally, I turned everything off. and came back after ten minutes and fired everything up again. It now said "complete". So I went into the Go 4 screens and realized I had no video transmission at all.

I messed with it from 1pm to 5pm, off and on, while I studied for my Part 107 that I'm taking Monday morning. I was not EVER able to get video. I contacted DJI support via email and the dealer from whom I orderd the P4Pro.

Today, I came to work to study some more but found myself back in front of my P4Pro. I decided to delete the DJI GO 4 APP from my iPad remembering that I wasn't able to select the menu while in the APP as I had done on day one. Well, I downloaded the APP and installed it on my iPad once again and WALLA! It worked.

I went outside in front of my office and started rotation. I got a screen telling me I was close to a "recreational airport", which I was fully aware. It said it would unlock the location if I gave it a credit card or phone number for verification. I gave it the phone number and it gave me 5 minutes to fly. I did my tests for a couple of minutes and then shut down and moved inside. I pulled off the props and started it up again on my desk and again I got the prompt about the airport. I'm not certain what it really wants me to do. I'm not sure my cell phone, which is the number I gave it, is on my DJI account. I never had this problem with my P3Pro. It would give me a warning that I had to check Off before I could fly, but I was always allowed. I hope one of you can shed a little light on this.

I have only had my P4Pro for a week and updated it before flying so I can't compare to previous firmware but I have found a couple of issues. It was set on 5.8ghz and because Auto was highlighted, I assumed it would select the best channel in 5.8 or 2.4ghz but it continually flew on 5.8 and the range was very limited even though I was out in the country. Having found out this seems to be a known problem, I will switch it to 2.4
The other issue is that the camera focus seems to be continually hunting, in and out of focus. I have a Mavic which I have been flying for 7 months and it's camera is far better than the P4Pro unless I can find what is wrong with it.
i read that the bird does not pick 2.4 or 5.8, you do that, it picks a channel, 8-20 or something like that

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164