Latest firmware - Abnormal

Reaction score
When I power up my Phantom 4 Pro the screen says Latest firmware abnormal. So I know it's wanting an update but which do I update. The Transmitter or the drone? I've looked at youtube and see allot of post on this but they are not the Phantom 4 Pro I have. My screen is on the TX and stays there. It's not a screen I put on. I'd sure like to see something where I could follow the bouncing ball to make this problem go away.

The drone does fly well. I'm not sure I really need to do anything it's just disturbing.

Last edited:
The newest remote firmware (2018) works fine. It also makes the 300E capable of operating all P4 V1 drones. Under advanced settings, all will be listed. If you do not show all 3, do an update. Doesn’t take long. Also update Go 4 if it asks. Nice improvement. I just keep the firmware update on an SD card for a quick use. You do not need to update the AC at the same time.
Just finished one for a customer 30 minutes ago. He’s a happy camper now.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Capt KO:
Where do I fond this software. I'm a newbie to drone Phantom Pro 4 so I'm really lost?

How do I go about doing the update. Do I load something on my computer then plug in the USB connectors and follow the bouncing ball?

Usually, you will get a prompt on screen for Go4 updates. Accept. For firmware updates, Use the drawdown screen, finger down from top of page. Touch gear icon, upper right, to open the settings menu. It will shown WiFi, sound, etc. one is updates. Check if the new firmware is available and install. I downloaded, from DJI website, the 300E newest firmware to an SD card. Follow on screen instructions carefully. It’s now ready to insert into the SD slot of any 300E. I’m doing this often enough that I just keep the firmware on that SD card for future use. As a last resort I could mail it to you but hopefully you can get it done.

FE340507-963C-49ED-8D5D-DF1D64F98FB8.jpeg4BF4B48C-EB12-447E-BC8F-761B31920537.jpeg833E8C64-2575-4DAF-8ECE-6645678A033B.jpeg

Thanks Capt KO. Your a life saver. I looked on the manual that came with the Phantom but there was nothing. Looked on the net and it seemed like something was missing. What you have shown me makes allot of sense. Thanks again! I'll give it a go!

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks Capt KO. Your a life saver. I looked on the manual that came with the Phantom but there was nothing. Looked on the net and it seemed like something was missing. What you have shown me makes allot of sense. Thanks again! I'll give it a go!
Once you do it that first time, it’s so easy the second time. Have fun, try not to lose your temper. Just saying, cuz I do. See ya
I think this will be the last update for us from DJI, so I guess we just refresh after glitches. So far so good.

I down loaded the update to a Sandisk. How do I know that I have the correct one. Will the update process identify what verision I am loading?

I have V01050600

Last edited:
There is only one download available from their site, zipped. After opening it you copy it to the SD card. I think the number was on one of the pictures I sent post #5. You're almost done, insert SD in RC and follow any commands. Watch download, do preflight and go fly.

V01.02.02.00

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4