Latest CF Landing gear for upgraded Phantom

Reaction score
Hi!
I have just ordered from eBay the following landing gear: ATG DJI Phantom Landing Skid W/single Axis Gimbal Glass Fiber Plate
(Please put in ebay search). I was wondering if anyone has done landing gear mods how they remount the compass. I have also ordered my new Tiger anti-gravity motors. I believe these draw more power than the stock motors as they can be used on a 550 size quad. Can the stock phantom ESCs manage the job with these new motors and a GoPro with gimbal plus new landing gear I wonder? Any advice?

I ordered the same landing gear a week ago, but haven't gotten it yet. I do know the compass has to be vertical, so I'm looking to mod it somehow. I've seen where someone left one leg of his old gear on and cut the rest off just for the compass. I'm sure there has to be a cleaner way of doing this.

I purchased and received my ATG landing skids. My only problem with them is there are absolutely no assembly instructions. Okay, no problem I'm good at puzzles. Plenty of pictures on line for reference. However the back support plates that are supposed to have four holes only had two drilled. No problem I got a super sharp Bosch diamond tip drill bit and made the correct size hole. Then there is no place to put the digital compass. A quick trip to YouTube and I saw that other people have cut a leg off there old skids, screwed it in and attached the compass.

The weight of these things is 190g and then add the one leg for the compass. Okay the stock skids weight 40g all total. So for safety sake we ill call it 10g for a total of 200g just for and upgraded landing skid. So now we have taken 40g landing gear and turned it into 200g of unusable weight! Holy cow!

As cool as these skids are, I think they will go in the pile with the rest of the "DJI Phantom looks cool" parts pile. Onward to find skids that are better less then stable stock ones.

I have had these for some time, but with everything else on my phantom it is too heavy. Also will not fit in my case, along with the compass issue it makes it impossible for my current phantom. I think I will save it for my next phantom that will be pieced together out of all my extra parts. That one will not have a gimbal, and only for fpv fun. Other than all that, these are very cool looking and raise the quad up off the ground more. I do have the t- motors that I haven't installed yet, but I dont think that will be enough.

However the back support plates that are supposed to have four holes only had two drilled. No problem I got a super sharp Bosch diamond tip drill bit and made the correct size hole.
My landing skids were also missing those 2 holes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav