Large yellow circle on DJI Pilot app map?

Reaction score
Quick question. I was bored and looking at the map on DJI Pilot app. I know the red circles around airports are no fly zones but I see large yellow circles around some areas like Lake Mead, Death Valley, Yosemite, etc. What do the yellow circle mean?

Quick question. I was bored and looking at the map on DJI Pilot app. I know the red circles around airports are no fly zones but I see large yellow circles around some areas like Lake Mead, Death Valley, Yosemite, etc. What do the yellow circle mean?

Parks - Can't fly in National Parks.

Why are they yellow circles and not red? I know Washington DC is a no fly zone and has a large red circle.

What's the difference between a yellow and red circle?

Red won't allow you to start motors and fly.

Yellow is informing you of national parks that are off limits but not actual "no fly zones"

Red won't allow you to start motors and fly.

Yellow is informing you of national parks that are off limits but not actual "no fly zones"

Ok thanks for that info! How did you find that info?

So yellow allows you to take off but tells you before hand via an app pop-up that flying in that location is restricted?

Ok thanks for that info! How did you find that info?

So yellow allows you to take off but tells you before hand via an app pop-up that flying in that location is restricted?

believe the rule is you cant TAKE OFF FROM or LAND IN a national park but doesn't say you cant park away and fly into it ha!

You can drive gas guzzling vehicles through national parks but not electric powered copters, makes sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic