Need Help understanding this map

Reaction score
I recently purchased my Phantom for Pro and I have already taken my first flight in a designated safe zone.
I do have a question regarding the know before you fly map, My question is I need a little clarity on what do these icons necessarily represent? Obviously I know that you cannot fly in the amber colored circles as well as in the red but what is the blue circle illustrated in this map and what's with the little tiny green circle? It would help if the map had a legend telling you what everything is, also beside the DJI Go App indicating where it's safe to fly what other application do you currently run on Android to tell you exactly where it's safe to fly?

Thanks in advance,
-Josh

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 455
1. The blue area is a some sort of special use area. Click on it and look at the alerts area to find out the details. It might be a restricted area (you can't fly there when it is active) or it might just be an MOA (Military Operations Area) and is just a warning area.

2. The green circle is a model aircraft flying field. Again, look at the alerts area for details.

3. The red area is a prohibited area most likely a national park property. You can't launch or land there. You can, however, fly over it. Again, click the alerts for details.

1. The blue area is a some sort of special use area. Click on it and look at the alerts area to find out the details. It might be a restricted area (you can't fly there when it is active) or it might just be an MOA (Military Operations Area) and is just a warning area.

2. The green circle is a model aircraft flying field. Again, look at the alerts area for details.

3. The red area is a prohibited area most likely a national park property. You can't launch or land there. You can, however, fly over it. Again, click the alerts for details.

Thank you very much for explaining that.

I recently purchased my Phantom for Pro and I have already taken my first flight in a designated safe zone.
I do have a question regarding the know before you fly map, My question is I need a little clarity on what do these icons necessarily represent? Obviously I know that you cannot fly in the amber colored circles as well as in the red but what is the blue circle illustrated in this map and what's with the little tiny green circle? It would help if the map had a legend telling you what everything is, also beside the DJI Go App indicating where it's safe to fly what other application do you currently run on Android to tell you exactly where it's safe to fly?

Thanks in advance,
-Josh
Click on flight restriction information
Screenshot_20180707-083336.jpg
Screenshot_20180707-083255.jpg

Post this aswell,,click on this to get alerts if not already find
Screenshot_20180707-083925.jpg
Screenshot_20180707-083942.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads