Landing Pad With Autonomous Battery Swap?

That is pretty cool. I had been contemplating a way to do an autonomous battery swap but someone beat me to the punch. Seams like it always works out that way.

Bayou flyer said:
That is pretty cool. I had been contemplating a way to do an autonomous battery swap but someone beat me to the punch. Seams like it always works out that way.

I was so pissed when PayPal came out... Totally missed the boat on that one :( lol

The technology is cool to be sure.. But certainly seems like a lot of work for something that only really saves you the time of connecting a battery to a charger and then to the aircraft..

My experience is... I get pretty tired of flying after a few consecutive flights anyway...and I go in an look at my footage then go fly again...

Now if it switched batteries in the air... Look out lol!!!

That was a big boat to miss! :)

The system they showed in the video if far from streamlined but the idea is there. i was thinking of a commercial application where the quadcopter would need to fly over a construction zone for long periods of time or at set intervals during the day. That way you wouldn't have to mess with it at all. Kinda like a Roomba for the sky, set it up, set the schedule and forget about it. The technology isn't ready for that yet but that day is coming soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers