Landing gear

Reaction score
Hi Friends
Is it worth getting the landing gear extenders for Phantom4 pro to protect camera when landing on thick grass or other?
Your opinions greatly
Appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: Deezbs
Some here that have access to wood tools....design their own custom made landing pads....some merely use the floor mats of the car.....I made mine of 1/4 ply wood and its quite large at 4 foot square...But its hinged and folds up nicely and has a handle cut opposite the hinges making it very easy to carry and it stores nice and neatly....some guys even add led lights to the four sides for a late night landing.

Thanks to all but I think the landing pad is the way to go. Cheers and
Happy Safe Flying.
Keep Your feet on the ground and reach for the stars

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
David....We all thank you for the reply... as many here that have spent lots of time diagnosing a problem or helping a fellow drone owner along and we never ever hardly hear their final decision like you Just Did above.....Thank you. David...i hope your ever flight is just as exciting as the very first time that you took the drone off......Cheers !

Reactions: 3rdof5
Hi Friends
Is it worth getting the landing gear extenders for Phantom4 pro to protect camera when landing on thick grass or other?
Your opinions greatly
Appreciated.
Thanks
I use the extenders all the time on my P4P+.
Saved the camera being hit by rocks or ground matter
a few times when not landing on the landing pad.

Jerry

Hi Friends
Your opinions greatly
Appreciated.
Thanks
Safest way to do it: hand launch, hand catch. If you aren't comfortable with that yet, the extensions are almost required because those nuts hang REALLY low. The thing is, those extenders are going to be in alot of your footage. Pretty much every time you yaw.

Safest way to do it: hand launch, hand catch. If you aren't comfortable with that yet, the extensions are almost required because those nuts hang REALLY low. The thing is, those extenders are going to be in alot of your footage. Pretty much every time you yaw.
Love the “Nuts hang low” line ??
Yeah I think hand catch or
Landing pad.
Cheers
Happy flying?

Been using these for the last two years with my P4 Std. They will sometimes be seen in the video frame, but not a particular issue for me. They are lightweight and raise camera/gimbal an extra inch or two and considerably increase the landing stance and landing stability. I use a standard 3' landing pad was well, but circumstances might well require an off-pad landing at some point, and when putting down on rough ground, you'll be happy to have em'...

Been using these for the last two years with my P4 Std. They will sometimes be seen in the video frame, but not a particular issue for me. They are lightweight and raise camera/gimbal an extra inch or two and considerably increase the landing stance and landing stability. I use a standard 3' landing pad was well, but circumstances might well require an off-pad landing at some point, and when putting down on rough ground, you'll be happy to have em'...

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Do they decrease the flying time or have any other effect on flying the machine?
Thank
David

Not that I've ever noticed. They weigh only 10 grams each (40 grams flight weight). I'm sure that under controlled conditions and with the right instrumentation, you might see a bit of increased drag and maybe a couple of "flight seconds" difference, but practically speaking the pros outweigh the cons by a long way...

Not that I've ever noticed. They weigh only 10 grams each (40 grams flight weight). I'm sure that under controlled conditions and with the right instrumentation, you might see a bit of increased drag and maybe a couple of "flight seconds" difference, but practically speaking the pros outweigh the cons by a long way...
Thanks so much.

Where did you get yours? Thanks

Here's a link to Amazon that has them, some of the reviews comment about a "loose fit", etc. but never had that issue with mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.