Kindle fire

Reaction score
When i got a drone i connected with my phone ,looking at it was no good it was small so when i found out daughter had a new kindle i put it on rc it was great the size was perfect but short lived it was not compatible so back to phone.it was great with seperate device it kept my phone free.but a guy at work says use your phone to connect to kindle so i tried that in sitting room.so here's my question is it ok to do this or are there any hidden issues i will come across if and when i get back out

kojie007

I think I would just go get a mini Galaxy or a IPad, and forego all the extra steps.

It would be nice to just go and buy.but a brand new perfect size kindle is sitting not being used so to anybody out ther back to original query,wgen not in my living room is it possible to use the kindle using my phone as a tethering to get my signal

kojie007

What kind of signal are you hoping to get by tethering?

My phone network sig the kindle picks up signal from phone.when i used it before it did everthing on dji app and the view from camera great but couldn't load or record google earth .hence i put this question on months back and told kindle was no good because of the no map when toggling from camera to map. Hence somebody at work says why not use your phone to get signal to kindle.i have tried it tonight in sitting room so back to original question will it or any reason why it shouldn't work out in the field.i will try when poss but just creating forum talk ,subject, etc[emoji86]

kojie007

Instead of tethering, you could also cache the maps in DJI GO like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know people tether phones to get an Internet connection on other tablets. The Kindle is not a commonly used device though, so I don't know how well it'll run DJI GO.

Reactions: kojie007
Just got the Kindle Fire 8GB black for $39 on Amazon. (Fire - Amazon Official Site - 7" Tablet at an Incredible Price)

Watched
and downloaded google play files and installed. Then downloaded DJI go app. Had to unplug and plug the kindle fire back in but everything appears to work excluding the map unless you have wifi. (I use the hotspot on my apple phone to have wifi and thus have maps.) Had a foot of snow her overnight so will fly with this set up tomorrow.

Just got the Kindle Fire 8GB black for $39 on Amazon. (Fire - Amazon Official Site - 7" Tablet at an Incredible Price)

Watched
and downloaded google play files and installed. Then downloaded DJI go app. Had to unplug and plug the kindle fire back in but everything appears to work excluding the map unless you have wifi. (I use the hotspot on my apple phone to have wifi and thus have maps.) Had a foot of snow her overnight so will fly with this set up tomorrow.
I gave it my best shot.
Followed directions perfectly and all was going as planned but I was on the last up load and it says problem parsing the application
That's what it said before on other attempts.
I give up :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.