keep loosing data/video feed but have control

Reaction score
I am new at flying but this is a recent problem. The last few times I have flown my P3A I loose all feed to my tablet but still have control of the unit so have to operate it visually. This usually happens after about 10 - 15 minutes of flight. At the top of the screen it states disconnected. Distance is not the issue as I was working with the P3 while it was sitting on my deck 10' away and I lost connection. Even turning the P3 off and restarting it did not work. Finally I shut everything down and started it all up again to get it operating. Any idea as to why I might be loosing connection with my P3A? Thanks for your help.

I have the same issue on andriod the problem only started after last firmware update and new djigo app, lost all video feed and signal then went into rth p3 was only 30 metres away

Try a new Micro SD card or a new cable. These have solved a number of these kinds of issues.

Try a new Micro SD card or a new cable. These have solved a number of these kinds of issues.

That can't be the answer. I've only bought my DJI a few days ago. Ran tests against the SD card and it's prefect. It appears to be a software issue. Mostly 100% went away for me when I turned off bluetooth and wifi.

and
I am new at flying but this is a recent problem. The last few times I have flown my P3A I loose all feed to my tablet but still have control of the unit so have to operate it visually. This usually happens after about 10 - 15 minutes of flight. At the top of the screen it states disconnected. Distance is not the issue as I was working with the P3 while it was sitting on my deck 10' away and I lost connection. Even turning the P3 off and restarting it did not work. Finally I shut everything down and started it all up again to get it operating. Any idea as to why I might be loosing connection with my P3A? Thanks for your help.
and
android or iOS?
android

I find it hard to believe that the cable or chip could be the problem but you never know. I only have 21 flights so all should still be good and tight.
Thanks though

I have the same issue on andriod the problem only started after last firmware update and new djigo app, lost all video feed and signal then went into rth p3 was only 30 metres away
You are correct. this never happened until the last update. I never thought of that. ehx

Same problem her on android on almost New p3p after go app 2.02

You could try turning off video cache in the dji go app, also uninstall the updates for google play services and uncheck the auto updates for it. I was also getting disconnects til I did this, and it's been good ever since.
Hope this helps.
Happy flying!!

Reactions: RadRich and Meta4
Mine is on auto can not use manual Chanels whitout changing the tab language here in denmark

One thin
Have you tried a less busy channel for video downlink? Or do you have it set to "Auto" for channel selection?
One thing I just thought of was that I was quite a ways out of town. Not even a house for miles so don't know how any channel could be busy but I certainly don't know. thx

Hi tom , I had a similar issue with my p3a and it was caused by me, tethering my iPad Air 2 to my iPhone whilst flying. I was trying out live streaming to you tube. My video feed would become very distorted and and would eventually disappear completely still leaving me with full control over the p3
A.

Hi all just an update from my post saying p3 disconnect no signal mid flight, app on andriod nexus 7 screen just goes blank, this is still happening even after latest fw update 1.4.00 lucky for me the rth still works but its really scary for a few minutes while you wait with fingers crossed, this disconnect problem started after 1.3.20 and dji go app update, tried new SD card and re connected rc, also stop all auto update on nexus and tried nexus in aeroplane mode, this problem has took all fun out of flying for me, I am sure its only a matter of time before I lose my p3 because of this, there are hundreds of people reporting the same issue but dji does not seem to listen, anyone have any ideas to help me out thanks

Have you tried your tablet in flight mode i.e. wifi and cellular switched off? I tend to have something similar on the iPad 2 Cellular when out and about and I leave wifi on. I don't know if the wifi on the iPad keeps cycling between 2.4ghz and 5ghz searching for hotspots but switching wifi off solves it for me.

Hi sdharris yes I have tried it in flight mode today but still the same, was hoping this new 1.4.00 update would solve it but the problem is still there, not had any problems with nexus disconnecting until I went onto dji go app, but I read other people this is happening to use all tablets ie iPad nexus Samsung it has to be a fw bug or there are a lot of faulty rc , its horrible flying now as I am just waiting for it to happen, flying in open field too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl