Just upgraded to P4 Pro

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
After using a P3 Pro since July 2016, I decided to upgrade to the P4 Pro. Will I need a different version of Litchi? What are the differences in operating the P4 that I need to be aware of? I plan to use DJI GO as well. I am downloading the correct version right now.

The biggest difference to pay attention to is the focus and manual settings for the camera, if you don't set it you will come out with unfocused crap. I speak from experience, though fortunately only in practice not in a paying job.

Reactions: sshephard
Thank you for the inputs! When I started using Litchi on the P3, I was told to switch to F mode. There is no F mode on the P4 controller. Can I run Litchi in P mode? On the P3, it was necessary to set it up for multiple mode flights. Is that required on the P4? I haven't yet had a chance to try the P4 because we are having very high winds.

Thank you for the inputs! When I started using Litchi on the P3, I was told to switch to F mode. There is no F mode on the P4 controller. Can I run Litchi in P mode? On the P3, it was necessary to set it up for multiple mode flights. Is that required on the P4? I haven't yet had a chance to try the P4 because we are having very high winds.
Yes .. use P mode to fly Litchi or other flight apps with the P4 pro.
Flicking the mode switch out of P mode and back again will cancel the mission and give control back to you.

The wind finally died down so that I could finally do my first tests.

The video feed to the iPad keeps breaking up, even with the drone at close range. Is there a setting that can be adjusted?

I tried different video options and got the best results at 1080p and 60 fps. The picture is too jittery when panning at 4K and 30 fps. It was just plain awful at 1080p and 120 fps.

Last edited:
Reactions: sshephard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak