Just Updated to 2.0. SWEET!

Reaction score
Just updated my Phantom 2 to 2.0. No issues what so ever during the installation. Once all the updating was finished, I power cycled the Phantom 2 and proceeded to calibrate the sticks and X1 for the gimbal. After that, I performed an Advanced Calibration, changed some of the flight limits to 100 Ft. for both altitude and radius. Took her outside, calibrate the compass and took her up in the air. EXTREMELY stable for me and I have 15-20 mph winds blowing around me!

Setting the limits was fun. Took her straight up and she just stopped, I guess at 100ft and hovered. Kinda cool. I reset the Phantom 2 back to its normal limits once I was finished though.

Honestly, no problems upgrading. Took me about 15-20 minutes to do all the above. Your mileage may vary, but for me, it worked out perfectly.

can the limit feature be disabled, or extended to say 3000m? I might do the update, but I want to be sure it wont permanantly limit my range in any way.

I messed with the defaults both in feet and meters. The two screenshots are the defaults. But notice in the last, I can push it out to 5000 meters, and it did not complain. So I guess you can adjust it beyond the limits set by default. Have not tested to 5000 meters though. :D

u7fcb3D.jpg

Default Feet

okoLcds.jpg

Default Meters

Y0s6h7P.jpg

Just typing in random stuff. :)

Great info! I might give it a couple days to see if there are any bugs, then update and give it a try. Thank you

mmccurdy said:
OI Photography said:
^^ Miles as a unit of measure..?

Yep, I thought that was odd as well. :) :lol:

It's a Chinese company. Apparently they think Americans are not good at math. So... DJI, now that you opened the door to US Standard how about an IOSD firmware update that uses feet instead of meters?

hook3m said:
mmccurdy said:
OI Photography said:

Yep, I thought that was odd as well. :) :lol:

It's a Chinese company. Apparently they think Americans are not good at math. So... DJI, now that you opened the door to US Standard how about a IOSD firmware update that uses feet instead of meters?

this.

OI Photography said:

Yeah, DJI put that in especially for me! :lol: :lol:

WHEN I AM IN PHANTOM ASSISTANT IN THE PHANTOM BASIC MODE, MY CONTROL MODE SWITCH SAYS FAILSAFE. THERE IS NO THEIR OPTION TO CHOSE. ON MY LCD SCREEN FOR POSITION S1 1-3 I SEE ATTI ,ATTI, GPS FAILSAFE. SHOULS I DELETE THE PROGRAM AND REINSTALL. I AM USING A MAC

Guess what's missing...

The tab Gimbal (under Advanced)...

Now how the hell am I going to set the F2 (and later F1) options..

Or. Am I missing something here?

(Old 1.08v DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software)
gimbal-settings.gif

UNCLEBOB61 said:
WHEN I AM IN PHANTOM ASSISTANT IN THE PHANTOM BASIC MODE, MY CONTROL MODE SWITCH SAYS FAILSAFE. THERE IS NO THEIR OPTION TO CHOSE. ON MY LCD SCREEN FOR POSITION S1 1-3 I SEE ATTI ,ATTI, GPS FAILSAFE. SHOULS I DELETE THE PROGRAM AND REINSTALL. I AM USING A MAC

You will need to switch to NAZA mode to enable IOC - Home Lock & Course Lock

aoatley i can enable my ioc my problem is when i am on the phantom side in the basic tabs. at the end of control mode selection i have failsafe only no other choices like normal fly which ieee when i am not connected my s1 selections are messed up

UNCLEBOB61 said:
I MAY HAVE DISCONNECTED TO SOON THE BEEPING WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Yeah - stupid heart monitors - who needs them!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor