Just to clarify P. mode.

Reaction score
If I am flying my P3A in "P" mode at say 100feet above the ground and the AC goes over a cliff, will it drop down to 100feet above the ground at the bottom of the cliff or will GPS keep it at the height it's at?

The altitude reported on screen is altitude from take off point. If you were to drop down along side the cliff the altitude will go into negative numbers. Completely normal. The aircraft will maintain its altitude regardless of whether ground distance changes due to terrain changing.

If I am flying my P3A in "P" mode at say 100feet above the ground and the AC goes over a cliff, will it drop down to 100feet above the ground at the bottom of the cliff or will GPS keep it at the height it's at?
When you fly over the cliff, the current altitude (relative to the set home point) will remain the same. If you flew down, you’d see a negative. If RTH were initiated, your P3A would ascend to the RTH altitude (again, relative to the set home point) before returning.

All your P3A knows is that it was at zero when the home point was set. Changes are relative to that, and by the way not related to GPS.

Yes it will keep height it's at,, I delete this then repost,,why I'm not sure cause you never reply?

Reactions: Phoenix One
the AC goes over a cliff, will it drop down to 100feet above the ground at the bottom of the cliff or will GPS keep it at the height it's at?
It's going to do what any real plane or helicopter or even a bird would do and keep flying normally.
The drone has no way to sense the ground and know that it's dropped away.
ps .. it's the barometer that's the altitude sensor.
GPS handles the horizontal position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers