Just seen this interesting article about drones

Reaction score
Drone Business Opportunities . Curios if there's a way to make a few dollars with the drone with local real estate agents or construction sites. Does anybody use the things to make some money ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One of my P3As went to a son of a realtor and he was going to shoot pictures for her. Already was way into RC but now found a way to get some compensation and have fun.
Someone else was using one to do roofing inspections. You could shoot video and be packed up in the time it takes to get a ladder off the truck and be safer and cheaper than running a gas hog truck with the ladder.

In the UK you have to be licensed to use your drone for commercial reasons. However, just yesterday I (always on the lookout for making a deal) took pictures of a 17th century inn that I was having a pint in and took the drone up to snap some pictures of the building in the sun in exchange for a free pint and some cheesy chips.

I don't believe that you can simply "file for an exemption"
To the best of my knowledge, you have to have at a minimum, a sport pilots license to use the exemption, otherwise I think you have to have a commercial pilots license.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was literally just researching the regulations for making money with drones. You do have to file for an exemption (which seems like quite a long and complicated process) but the faa is also supposedly releasing something in June that will make that process much easier...

Knowing how the government makes things easier first hand, it will probably be a mountain pile of money and not really do much more than making for an empty wallet. Much like fast pass for air travel as demonstrated on Memorial weekend.

My understanding is you don't have to have a 333 if the person piloting the aircraft has a 333. So that's one way around the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga