Just ordered one from DJI

I live in Pennsylvania, we DO NOT have to pay sales tax on items purchased online , UNLESS the company has a brick & mortar store, or warehouse, located in Pennsylvania.
Therefore, DJI does not have to pay any sales tax for me, as none is due.
If I buy a Phantom 4 at my area Apple store, I would have to pay (6% PA sales tax) or an extra $83.94

PA doesn't have a "use tax"? Most states do and most states state you must pay sales tax for items bought online even if they are out of state and from a company without a physical presence in the state. They rely on you to keep track, report and pay come tax time. Does anyone ever do it? No. But that doesn't mean no sales tax is due.

Start shipping the 15th in order of your payment. So if you were payment number 587. You may not be shipped out on the 15th. That is just starting date. It could be anytime after that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where did you get a payment number?

Even if it stays at $1399, having that price include free shipping and the state sales tax, for delivery on March 15 directly from DJI is a bargain!:cool: Direct DJI purchases are the only ones eligible for new replacement, rather than repair, due to warranty issues after the 14 day DOA replacement period available to dealers.

Yes, no different than the P3 launch.

Am I missing something ??
Do you think after the initial release, that they will REDUCE the price to $1299 ?
That has never been the case before.

No I don't think they will. Not right away. I'm just thinking they set it too high for what the P4 is. There may be a reduction if sales don't live up to their projections which I think is a real possibility. But I can't imagine a reduction sooner than 6 months. Don't get me wrong I ordered one. Just think for what the P4 is it's not worth $400 more than the P3 Pro.

PA doesn't have a "use tax"? Most states do and most states state you must pay sales tax for items bought online even if they are out of state and from a company without a physical presence in the state. They rely on you to keep track, report and pay come tax time. Does anyone ever do it? No. But that doesn't mean no sales tax is due.
Absolutely true, and unless you live in PA, everyone has a very compelling reason to buy directly from DJI because of this. :cool:

It's funny that the price is such a hot topic outside Europe [emoji23]. Try buying it in the UK we pay the equivalent of $1719 US for the P4

No I don't think they will. Not right away. I'm just thinking they set it too high for what the P4 is. There may be a reduction if sales don't live up to their projections which I think is a real possibility. But I can't imagine a reduction sooner than 6 months. Don't get me wrong I ordered one. Just think for what the P4 is it's not worth $400 more than the P3 Pro.
On the other hand, it's only $120 more than the P3P's original $1279 price, which was not discounted until December.

It's funny that the price is such a hot topic outside Europe [emoji23]. Try buying it in the UK we pay the equivalent of $1719 US for the P4

You pay that premium because of your Euro is sliding so much.

You pay that premium because of your Euro is sliding so much.
And the fact that we always pay a premium in the UK. Usually what ever the price is in dollars we pay the same figure in Pounds eg. $1700-£1700. It's crazy!!

And the fact that we always pay a premium in the UK. Usually what ever the price is in dollars we pay the same figure in Pounds eg. $1700-£1700. It's crazy!!

Another reason to escape the European Union

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Another reason to escape the European Union
I think we would still get ripped off. The government have to find the money to provide for the eastern refugee people coming into the country and lazy benefit collectors who can't be bothered working from somewhere [emoji23].

Does it come with the case in the photo?
I think it does come with the case shown here. I'm wondering if they upgraded the Cheesy Phone / Tablet mounting Arm on the RC. From this picture it looks the same.
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 8.11.45 AM.png

I'm wondering if they upgraded the Cheesy Phone / Tablet mounting Arm on the RC
They did. It's either the Inspire 1 tablet mount or a very similar design.

Piss on it!! Just ordered a Phantom 4 I've had my Phantom 3 Pro for almost a year and it's been awesome, keeping it as well. Have to have the next best LOL

Reactions: Tony Cowan
You said: "I just pre-ordered the new Phantom 4"
Well, I have always had the concept that new technology had its own (unforeseen) problems. I worked in new :"breaking edge" technology for many, many years. We ALWAYS did test trials, which sometimes were in hundreds of prototypes before release. Yep, hundreds, and sometimes years before release. (after revising the prototypes).
Do NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH before the DJI P4 is a workable, usable and reliable device.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z