Just ordered one from DJI

Shipping the 15th.
Start shipping the 15th in order of your payment. So if you were payment number 587. You may not be shipped out on the 15th. That is just starting date. It could be anytime after that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Price of $1260 from Apple with corporate discount from employer. I'm still in no hurry therefore, I'll let others buy first before making any decisions.

I can't believe the lack of info on their website with regards to what the package consists of. Well done on your purchase as well. I have only just bought the P3P and I'm thinking of getting a refund. I would like to know what the case is made out of though and what it looks like inside.

Bring back the P3 if you can and get this one. You might think it's a bad idea now but that's because you won't have a bird for a while but this time next year, you will be kicking yourself. Obstacle avoidance if it works just somewhat is a BIG BIG difference well worth $300. You will take a loss on your batteries but you can sell them for something still especially if you bought one or two extra ones brand new. Plus, you will only need 2-4 batteries with the new one. (Or less). I wonder how long those huge batteries take to charge though. That's my concern.

Great Kenneth so jealous at the mo please post as I know you will and keep us all updated the case looks fab as well i'm just thinking if I take the stickers off mine after a couple of months perhaps the wife will not noticed that I swapped mine for a P4 [emoji4][emoji6]

Is an extra 5 minutes really that big of a deal?
I'm digging the new Phantom but after collecting 5 batteries for the P3P 'm not looking forward to the extra $676 I have to spend to get the same amount of batteries.
You're not paying for the 3 minutes. That's just a bonus. The P4 has a bunch of modules that are continuously running like obstacle avoidance. You think that doesn't come at some battery cost? Yeah it does. I'm happy we get more minutes considering all the bonus modules.

I would absolutely LOVE to order a new P4. It simply looks amazing to me. Frankly, it makes the P3 look like a garage built prototype in comparison.

Sport mode, enhanced speed, longer flight times, improved gimbal, obstacle avoidance, touch flight, intelligent subject tracking, larger motors, better props... the list goes on and on. Plus, it looks so much more polished and refined than its predecessor.

Were it not for the fact that I've invested in a backpack case, 4 extra batteries, gimbal protectors, LED lights for the landing gear, carbon reinforced props, battery charging station, 100w power adapter, etc., for my less than 2 months old P3 Advanced (which is currently in warranty repair for an inexplicable ESC error), I would jump on this in a heartbeat. That said, the thought of having to re-buy all the 3rd party and DJI accessories just to be on par with where I am today is overwhelming -- not to mention extremely expensive.

For that reason alone, I think I'll sit this one out and wait until they release the P5.
You'll be missing out on all the fun, including some of the early adopter beta testing! ;) We live on the bleeding edge of technology! :cool:

Hey there,I ordered one yesterday also, very excited about the new unit. Any experience with how long it will take to ship? They are shipping out the 15th or they are delivered the 15th? Thanks.
Good question. They may also be being shipped directly from China. In any case, I would expect delivery within 2-4 days after the 15th, as DJI ships via ground FedX in the U.S. from Los Angeles.

it's too bad DJI isn't shipping until the 15th as Apple is promising a "Delivery dates" before the 15th.

image.jpeg

Apple Store said they will have them for sale the 9th or 10th.

Could be...but not without paying sales tax!
I doubt DJI will allow them to sell them earlier than the 15th, but anything is possible. The Apple exclusive is through April 15th.

it's too bad DJI isn't shipping until the 15th as Apple is promising a "Delivery dates" before the 15th.

View attachment 45795
I wouldn't put too much cred into those "Apple" promises until they are actually fulfilled. Lots of promises go unfulfilled, due to misinformation, or deliberate deception. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

View attachment 45795
Actually, they are promising a range of delivery date options consistent with shipping actually taking place on March 15th. There is no guaranteed promise of any actual delivery date before March 16, even with overnight shipping.

View attachment 45800
Actually, they are promising a range of delivery date options consistent with shipping actually taking place on March 15th. There is no guaranteed promise of any actual delivery date before March 16, even with overnight shipping.

Ok, fair enough... but if I paid the $23 and didn't receive on the 16th I'd be a pretty unhappy camper

Price of $1260 from Apple with corporate discount from employer. I'm still in no hurry therefore, I'll let others buy first before making any decisions.
That will barely cover the free sales tax. Out the door, from Apple, you are still looking at $1378. $1399 from DJI now includes all state sales tax. $1511 at Apple without a corporate employer discount. Apple Store team lead also just confirmed display units will be available around March 8-12, but no sales are permitted until March 15th, and none will be shipped to Apple online customers until March 15, just like with DJI direct orders, as expected.

Ok, fair enough... but if I paid the $23 and didn't receive on the 16th I'd be a pretty unhappy camper
Especially, if you paid Apple $112 in sales tax on top of the $1399, which is the same as the $1399 that DJI is charging online, with all state sales tax included! :cool:

Reactions: Cale262
Especially, if you paid Apple $112 in sales tax on top of the $1399, which is the same as the $1399 that DJI is charging online, with all state sales tax included! :cool:

I live in Pennsylvania, we DO NOT have to pay sales tax on items purchased online , UNLESS the company has a brick & mortar store, or warehouse, located in Pennsylvania.
Therefore, DJI does not have to pay any sales tax for me, as none is due.
If I buy a Phantom 4 at my area Apple store, I would have to pay (6% PA sales tax) or an extra $83.94

Indeed...but it sounds like you pay way too much in taxes where you live ;)

I live in Pennsylvania, we DO NOT have to pay sales tax on items purchased online , UNLESS the company has a brick & mortar store, or warehouse, located in Pennsylvania.
Therefore, DJI does not have to pay any sales tax for me, as none is due.
If I buy a Phantom 4 at my area Apple store, I would have to pay (6% PA sales tax) or an extra $83.94
Thank you for making my point very clearly. Because Apple has stores in all 50 states, they must charge state sales on all online sales, too. If you buy from DJI directly, if there is any state sales tax required, they are paying it, and because they ARE paying it, you also have no "USE TAX" which most states require that you pay on all online purchases, for which sales tax was not paid. Buy from DJI and save the sales tax or the use tax!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl