Just noticed a crack on my P3P

Reaction score
Was flying at the Bahai temple in Chicago today. It was quite windy and cold. I did three flights in total.

But after the third flight I noticed a crack on the body. Both the upper and lower part.

I stopped flying cause I'm afraid it will just gonna go worse. I'm thinking I would first dismantle the drone and glue the crack as a temporary solution. I'm on a travel right now.

But at the same time I'd like to buy a new body to change it. Does any body know if I can get a new body in Chicago or that it can be sent quickly to Chicago or Shepherdsville, KY?

Do you think I could change the body myself?

Thank you.

You can get it anywhere from Amazon for 1 or 2 days delivery? Go through YouTubes to see the process.

You can get a new shell body via Amazon Prime here.

Here's a how-to on replacing the shell:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: apprentice
Great thanks to both of you guys. I really didn't think Amazon.com would have this at first otherwise I wouldn't ask. I purchased it at Amazon.com as suggested.

Amazon is a great place to buy Phantom parts. There are a lot of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon too.

Amazon is a great place to buy Phantom parts. There are a lot of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon too.
Do you have any idea where I could get the DJI Phantom 3 onboard compass connector? I contacted the DJI service and they only mentioned I have to send them the whole drone. But the thing is that I only have this connector broken. I attached the pic where it is on board.

BTW. I checked ebay.com and Amazon this time to see if I can find it there ;)

Attachments

• WP_20161130_12_34_18_Rich.jpg
    WP_20161130_12_34_18_Rich.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 316
Do you have any idea where I could get the DJI Phantom 3 onboard compass connector? I contacted the DJI service and they only mentioned I have to send them the whole drone. But the thing is that I only have this connector broken. I attached the pic where it is on board.

BTW. I checked ebay.com and Amazon this time to see if I can find it there ;)
I believe this is the one you need. But it'll be hard to solder since it's a surface mount header.
http://www.digikey.com/product-deta...nc/SM05B-GHS-TB(LF)(SN)/455-1567-6-ND/1963491

Reactions: apprentice
Thank you very much.

I actually won't do this repair myself. I contacted a local electronic repair shop that have much more experience doing this than me. So I think if they fail I can still send it to DJI. They'll probably just replace the board.
Sounds like a plan!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31