Is this a crack?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, greetings from Greece! I need your help...I have a Phantom 4 Pro almost two years and I really take care of it. My last flight was the last October. All these months my bird was inside the original case ehich came with, except the times I checked the battery levels since I would like to keep the recommended storage levels as instructed. Today I made the same, opened the case and after all I cleaned it with a dry cloth and I saw this mark on the back right landing gear. Is this a crack? I didn't see anything like that the last tìme I opened the case. Is this came from the gimbal clatch since is too tight? Should I do something about that? Maybe use an epoxy glue to prevent the worse? I never had a crash and I always use the auto land function. Thank you for your time...Keep flying...!

Attachments

• 114924jvpe8qzmadm89dba.jpg
    114924jvpe8qzmadm89dba.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Hard to tell by that photo. Did you try to rub it off? If it is a crack and you can open it a little, then dab some super glue in it.

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
Hard to tell by that photo. Did you try to rub it off? If it is a crack and you can open it a little, then dab some super glue in it.
Hi my friend! Thank you for your quick reply! I can barely touch it with my nail. It's not deep at all...Seems to be more like a scratch but it's strange because the most of the time I prefer to land on grass...

You can leave it as is. To me it looks like a scratch. If it worsen, then add some glue.
Thanks Ansia, propably I "earned" it last October when I landed on the grass and scratched from a small wood or something...Do you think that wet baby towels may damage Phantom material? I use them everytime to clean the legs and the rubber below...Thanks for your time.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks Ansia, propably I "earned" it last October when I landed on the grass and scratched from a small wood or something...Do you think that wet baby towels may damage Phantom material? I use them everytime to clean the legs and the rubber below...Thanks for your time.
I also use it to clean my phantom and still looks brand new.

Hi my friend! Thank you for your quick reply! I can barely touch it with my nail. It's not deep at all...Seems to be more like a scratch but it's strange because the most of the time I prefer to land on grass...

There is a lot of stress in that area when auto landing because you can't control the speed even if your landing on grass. I usually cancel auto land about 10 feet off the ground and bring it down manually for a nice soft touch down. Looks like a stress fracture to me but, I could be wrong. You should send the pic to Dji and ask the same question. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

One more thing landing gear are relatively easy to replace and are not expensive. Keep an eye on it if it gets worse buy a new one from Dji and replace. A fracture in that area shouldn't effect how the drone preforms in the air.

One more thing landing gear are relatively easy to replace and are not expensive. Keep an eye on it if it gets worse buy a new one from Dji and replace. A fracture in that area shouldn't effect how the drone preforms in the air.
Thank you for taking the time to answer! I thought that landing gear hit a little rock upon landing. Thanks for the tip for auto landing function, I'll keep in mind for the furure! Take care...!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl