Just got a P3 Pro it needs help

I just found a way to copy the text and nothing came up in the search! If someone knows the answer without me digging through all this mess please tell me! here’s a screenshot of what I got out of the search
92725c38d7f9bff8968e815a8223543e.jpg

I tried by topic and post nothing
If you are looking for a list of modules, follow the link to LOG_AB instructions in post #4 above. You'll find a module link (different components) there.

If you are looking for an idea of next steps, follow the link from @quaddamage in post #16 above.

I'd just put the links here again but its sort of a pain with my phone and the Super Bowl is on. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I'd just put the links here again but its sort of a pain with my phone and the Super Bowl is on. :)
@Oso how much do you think you post that link to the module cheat sheet esp the 8 and 15? seems like 100 times i read it here. that is such a huge design mistake it feels like.

im in NY (LI) so we had split fans for the super bowl. what did you think of the game? i for one thought it was epic. :):p

So when 8&15 Gimble tip board and ofdm board are the issue is it both or just one of them causing the other to malfunction? Where do I start? The OFDM boards are all over the net for sale but the Gimble Top board seems like the only way it’s being sold is with the entire Gimble/ Camera assembly. And the 4K camera and Gimble assembly is pricey!

@Oso how much do you think you post that link to the module cheat sheet esp the 8 and 15? seems like 100 times i read it here. that is such a huge design mistake it feels like.
Yes, I've posted the module table dozens of times and others have as well. It's almost always in the countless "no image transmission" threads.

im in NY (LI) so we had split fans for the super bowl. what did you think of the game? i for one thought it was epic. :):p
A strange question for a drone forum, but I thought the game was outstanding. It was the first NFL game I've watched this season and it was indeed "super." Even so, the SpaceX launch of their Falcon Heavy rocket today was much more exciting for me than any NFL game. ;)

Reactions: sagscout and JoBe
As noted, if you are looking for an idea of next steps follow the link from @quaddamage in post #16 above.

That’s a lot of work especially since I’m living in a RV I don’t have all that stuff to do the flashing and no reliable power RV parks are notorious for bad power, so I either have to find someone close to me that has the resources to flash the board! Or wait till I find one (I haven’t found one online (just the Gimble board not the camera and Gimble assembly together) ). I think this could be because of how common this issue is! So basically I know what’s wrong and can’t do anything about it! Paying Dji to fix it is out of the question they should have recalled the part because of this problem and found a way to prevent it! Like doing the FW upgrade in stages to let the drone cool down they sure didn’t tell anyone that it could overheat and damage the board!

Even so, the SpaceX launch of their Falcon Heavy rocket today was much more exciting for me than any NFL game. ;)
let me guess you are not a football fan and only watch the commercials?

Reactions: Oso
I have no idea what people see in sports. Especially men watching other men. Maybe I'm strange, or sexist, or whatever - but I prefer watching women.

But then the rocket - that I can understand. I watched it too. No kaboom, but still was interesting.

Reactions: DroneJI
Hopefully I can figure this out with some guidance. This P3 is working in every way except the video feed is dead! The seller said it happened after a update? I just tried to update it but it didn’t do it! I have a MPP and I thought I could use a PC to upgrade or downgrade but that’s not how the P3 work I guess. I put the latest FW on a new season card and followed the instructions on the DJI site but it gave me a error! And the video feed it dead see screenshots maybe someone can point me in the right direction to figure this out?

0a44cf23225d0d48c2e4c4f19bc83eba.jpg
59cd7a275a1af0fb8708947536bd0269.jpg
6c1ec0efa9922d66a176861751c4ce66.jpg

Hopefully these errors will tell someone something that I can work with I hate to use it for parts
Also I think the Gimble or something In that area was making a strange noise till I hit calibrate Gimble I saw it fly the only way to get the video or photos is to copy it to the mobile device afterwards it’s a black screen for live and playback.
Also it doesn’t look like it was ever crashed! I hope it didn’t take a swim in one of the lakes around here. And he just dried it out.

Mine did the exact thing after the update. many, many others have posted the same thing on other forums. I have tried for weeks to correct the problem with out any success. I have tried the reinstall older firmware and software and no luck. Some have posted that last update could NOT be rolled back. I did talk to a company in GA. and was advised that there was info on DJI causing a voltage spike to the video portion in the RC causing it to short out and that is why even the rollback would not work. I have since purchased as DJI Mavic Pro. This will be my 4th DJI drone and if there are any problems with this one it will be the last DJI. And do NOT expect ANY help from DJI!!!!

Ron

Mine did the exact thing after the update. many, many others have posted the same thing on other forums. I have tried for weeks to correct the problem with out any success. I have tried the reinstall older firmware and software and no luck. Some have posted that last update could NOT be rolled back. I did talk to a company in GA. and was advised that there was info on DJI causing a voltage spike to the video portion in the RC causing it to short out and that is why even the rollback would not work. I have since purchased as DJI Mavic Pro. This will be my 4th DJI drone and if there are any problems with this one it will be the last DJI. And do NOT expect ANY help from DJI!!!!

Ron

I kind of figured that Dji won’t help! Or there would be a recall, The only way to make them liable is if this affected enough people a class action lawsuit may be In Order! Because even if the birds not under warranty and something they did damages your bird they are ultimately responsible for the damage! But people need to band together and find a law firm that’s willing to go after them! I’m going to try contacting the BBB (Worthless if Dji doesn’t care) and my Attorney Generals office (hit or miss depends on a lot of factors it’s a political office enough people have to file a complaint with the AGs office in the USA I don’t know what you do in other parts of the world?) the only sure way to get Dji’s attention is through the media and a legal suit. You have to scare them and their shareholders that sales may be affected. It’s the way the world works today!

I bought a P 3 SE brand new at the end of December. Worked beautifully for a week then same issues as you have. Never crashed. Well cared for. Updated the firmware as directed. Totally unusable now. I've spent countless hours researching the issues. Called DJI support 3 times. Two were a total waste of time. The third seems great. The guy spent an hour going through everything with me. Finally he decided I needed to update the iOS on my devices. He told me to do that this weekend and that by the end of this weekend DJI will have a firmware fix for this exact issue. He said it was a firmware issue on their end. He did say an android will work just fine. But I do not own an android product.

I plan to upgrade my iOS this evening. Then wait for the supposed "firmware fix" for this "known issue".

I am an optimist so I'm hoping I've not been lied to yet again by DJI. So far this machine has proven to be the most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased, the most time I've ever wasted on something I just bought new, and the greatest disappointment I've had in years, possibly ever. I was really looking forward to a great product and great experiences with it.

I bought a P 3 SE brand new at the end of December. Worked beautifully for a week then same issues as you have. Never crashed. Well cared for. Updated the firmware as directed. Totally unusable now. I've spent countless hours researching the issues. Called DJI support 3 times. Two were a total waste of time. The third seems great. The guy spent an hour going through everything with me. Finally he decided I needed to update the iOS on my devices. He told me to do that this weekend and that by the end of this weekend DJI will have a firmware fix for this exact issue. He said it was a firmware issue on their end. He did say an android will work just fine. But I do not own an android product.

I plan to upgrade my iOS this evening. Then wait for the supposed "firmware fix" for this "known issue".

I am an optimist so I'm hoping I've not been lied to yet again by DJI. So far this machine has proven to be the most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased, the most time I've ever wasted on something I just bought new, and the greatest disappointment I've had in years, possibly ever. I was really looking forward to a great product and great experiences with it.

I have tried it on 4 different Android units and after many uninstalls and reinstalls it does NOT work on the Android either. I even purchased a 3rd party software to replace the DJO Go and it had the same issue so it is not the phone or tablet.

Ron

I have tried it on 4 different Android units and after many uninstalls and reinstalls it does NOT work on the Android either. I even purchased a 3rd party software to replace the DJO Go and it had the same issue so it is not the phone or tablet.

Ron
I don't think it is either.

If you want to try another camera on it hit me up. I have one laying around, it’s easy to put on

Perry you said you have a camera? How much and where are you located? I’m still trying to figure this out. Even if someone is close to me I can meet up with to try a temporary swap before deciding on how to handle this I want to make sending it in to DJI the last resort!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers