Just got a P3 Pro it needs help

Reaction score
Hopefully I can figure this out with some guidance. This P3 is working in every way except the video feed is dead! The seller said it happened after a update? I just tried to update it but it didn’t do it! I have a MPP and I thought I could use a PC to upgrade or downgrade but that’s not how the P3 work I guess. I put the latest FW on a new season card and followed the instructions on the DJI site but it gave me a error! And the video feed it dead see screenshots maybe someone can point me in the right direction to figure this out?
0a44cf23225d0d48c2e4c4f19bc83eba.jpg
59cd7a275a1af0fb8708947536bd0269.jpg
6c1ec0efa9922d66a176861751c4ce66.jpg

Hopefully these errors will tell someone something that I can work with I hate to use it for parts
Also I think the Gimble or something In that area was making a strange noise till I hit calibrate Gimble I saw it fly the only way to get the video or photos is to copy it to the mobile device afterwards it’s a black screen for live and playback.
Also it doesn’t look like it was ever crashed! I hope it didn’t take a swim in one of the lakes around here. And he just dried it out.

There are a bunch of really smart people on this forum that will jump in and help you sort things out. Just give it time, and don’t get discouraged.

After all, that’s what we’re all here for. And BTW, .....welcome to the PhantomPilots Forum ! [emoji106]

There are a bunch of really smart people on this forum that will jump in and help you sort things out. Just give it time, and don’t get discouraged.

After all, that’s what we’re all here for. And BTW, .....welcome to the PhantomPilots Forum ! [emoji106]

From what I read so far I may need this board for the Gimble? And it’s seems to be hard to find
479c8f187fa606c8285c3810305f3c1e.jpg
I hope not but I still have to dissect the Gimble a bit to make sure it’s not a broken connection fingers crossed it’s a simple fix. this was just a reference photo not the actual

Last edited:
From what I read so far I may need this board for the Gimble? And it’s seems to be hard to find
479c8f187fa606c8285c3810305f3c1e.jpg
I hope not but I still have to dissect the Gimble a bit to make sure it’s not a broken connection fingers crossed it’s a simple fix.
Check your LOG_AB file and see if it shows modules 8 and 15 not detected. Post the file here.

Also, look through these search results for an idea of how common this is and possible but honestly probably unlikely fixes.

One guy who has become a resident expert on this is @quaddamage

Reactions: JoBe
Agreed with @Oso on that we need the log file to tell you anything.

A little less about module m0800 and m1500 - these are not present in Phantom 3 Standard. P3C uses WiFi chip.
The list below suggests that the WiFi module is m0700:
Flashing firmware via SD card · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub
Still, to know which module is the issue, we need update log.

Regarding replacing boards - the cause is either in the Gimbal Top Board or Camera Encoder Board, using the naming from here:
DJI Hardware · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

One generic thing to try is to re-link the RC - P3C has two separate radio links, so one just might got unlinked by the update.

Agreed with @Oso on that we need the log file to tell you anything.

A little less about module m0800 and m1500 - these are not present in Phantom 3 Standard. P3C uses WiFi chip.
The list below suggests that the WiFi module is m0700:
Flashing firmware via SD card · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub
Still, to know which module is the issue, we need update log.

Regarding replacing boards - the cause is either in the Gimbal Top Board or Camera Encoder Board, using the naming from here:
DJI Hardware · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

One generic thing to try is to re-link the RC - P3C has two separate radio links, so one just might got unlinked by the update.

I’m having trouble getting the log file I think this thing might be a Frankenstein! It has a Advanced shell but a Pro 4K camera? I’m trying to get the firmware to refresh but every time I starts it I only get a green led! I am pressing the reset as I boot it up and let go when it make a sound! I tried at different points after the boot and reformat the sd card each time and put the bin fill back on it

I see. So you have a Pro version (yes, it is a normal Ph3 Pro). I got confused when you posted the board picture - that board comes from P3C, and is not compatible with your P3X.

In this case @Oso was totally right - you likely have m0800/m1500 problem. Only log can tell.

Here’s one more video about 15-20 minuets into the downgrade it’s solid red now and the fan is spinning really fast this has been going steady for over 10 minuets now I guess this is a fail?

heres the log for what its worth it failed as far as i can tell
Thats not the log we've been asking to see. Follow the link in my post above to get to the LOG_AB file so we can see specific module info.

Thats not the log we've been asking to see. Follow the link in my post above to get to the LOG_AB file so we can see specific module info.

is that it?
I put it up for sale while i try to figure this out its giving me a Headache! LOL i will just Fly My Mavic Until then!

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 376
Yup, as @Oso expected - all modules are working besides two:
Code:
 [00245222][15 00][00] device not detected.
 [00258216][08 00][00] device not detected.

Search the forum for solutions on diagnosis and fix methods.

Here’s one more video about 15-20 minuets into the downgrade it’s solid red now and the fan is spinning really fast this has been going steady for over 10 minuets now I guess this is a fail?
you need a fan from your house blowing on the gimble when you do updates or you'll burn up the board if you didnt alreadi. that prolly why ur gimble fan is going like a mad man.

you need a fan from your house blowing on the gimble when you do updates or you'll burn up the board if you didnt alreadi. that prolly why ur gimble fan is going like a mad man.

It’s on a counter with a window open the air coming in is about 30f it has air flow it’s just going into that weird mode after the same amount of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues