Just getting started

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 a week ago *last friday*. Read the manuals, did my due diligence, registered it with the FAA and all the good things.

For the moment, I'm in the hobbyist area, but am studying to get the 107 in the next few month.

I and my wife are fortunate to live in the middle of the country so there is lots of room to fly and explore without issue or annoying a neighbor thinking I'm spying.

Looking to learn a lot here, and in time, contribute too.

Kurt

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,
Just got my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 a week ago *last friday*. Read the manuals, did my due diligence, registered it with the FAA and all the good things.

For the moment, I'm in the hobbyist area, but am studying to get the 107 in the next few month.

I and my wife are fortunate to live in the middle of the country so there is lots of room to fly and explore without issue or annoying a neighbor thinking I'm spying.

Kurt
Most excellent, I must say. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Cyngen
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

@Cyngen,
Welcome to the Forum!

"without issue or annoying a neighbor thinking I'm spying"
Are you kidding. :rolleyes:

That is why I bought one, my Therapist said by a flying spy camera instead of paint gun. :eek:

Rod

Last edited:
@Cyngen,
Welcome to the Forum!

"without issue or annoying a neighbor thinking I'm spying"
Are you kidding. :rolleyes:

That is why I bought one, my Therapist said by a flying spy camera instead of paint gun. :eek:

Rod

I think i like your therapist!! :D I did find that there is a significant bug population up at 50 feet or more around here, I believe one commited suicide into a sensor, that will need cleaning tonight yet o_O

Reactions: RodPad
OMG, Your Funny!
Funny than I.

You will see blood on the props!!

index.jpg

Rod

Since this just an introductions thread.

Have you ever been to the big Oshkosh event?

Rod

I know this is just an intro, but can insects trigger the proximity sensors? Last night one of them at times would trigger for under a second, i suspected insects. I cleaned them all last night as well as the props

Don't know about the sensors, the P4 is much newer than what I have.

Yeah, gotcha on the crowds, we have a museum here in our small town. My dad donates to it and volunteers a lot.
Home - Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
If this link works, my dad is on the left of the family owned model T.
WAAAM
If not here is the photo from that page.
modelt.jpg
This is the first year that he has been able to take there motor home, not the one in the picture. :rolleyes:
A few years ago I said I would go, don't know why but my mom Betty would not let him go.

This year It was a go, until we realized that a key employee was retiring just before we were to leave, she had been with us for 20 years. You would think that you and your wife owns a business you could get some time off, but its Retail. :eek:

Anyways, here is an email from my dad from May.

"Betty approved last night. Taking the Beaver with 2 more drivers. Convoy of 7 Motor homes. I think we will all have trailers. I will be hauling one of the 4 WWII training gliders that we have been invited (requested) to bring for show and tell. Heard some of our military stuff was going too. We will have 27 people manning our display in Oshkosh.

Leave Hood River July 18. Arrive Oshkosh Saturday and set on Sunday. Stay till the following Sunday, break camp and arrive back in HR around 3 August. Gliders will be on display in the Warbirds section of the airshow.

WAAAM is big time.
"
wamplane.JPG
"I'm going to be 89 feet long going down the highway.

Russ
"

I know the Beaver Motor Home is 40' and they tow an Explorer 20'
So I guess the wings would equal 50' I really don't know. :rolleyes:
I guess I will ask him. ;)

Rod

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I've got 10 days now under my belt. Still mostly playing in beginner mode, working with the controls on the screen and RC . . tons to learn but having a blast doing so.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi,

Kurt
Welcome and enjoy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl