Just crashed. Wait for P5?

Reaction score
i just crashed my P4P and hopefully will be getting a check from State Farm. I don’t neccesarily want to buy old tech with that money. When are we expecting the P5 and do we think it’s going to be interchangeable lenses?

Let us know details on State Farm please. I personally don’t know when p5 is being released

When are we expecting the P5
There are no solid leads on this one yet.

do we think it’s going to be interchangeable lenses?
It's possible since photos of some type of Phantom 4 looking drone with interchangeable lenses turned up on the Internet.

Reactions: Droner66
Be careful using state farm...2 of my buddies used them then got pap cancelled a week later...state farm did cover crashes but i guess did not want to reinstate their second drones....

When are we expecting the P5 and do we think it’s going to be interchangeable lenses?

No date on the P5, and DJI has said that the photo published on the Internet was a custom one-off model developed for a customer and not necessarily representative of a new model, so the interchangeable lens thing is still just speculation. Basically the question of 'do I want to wait for the P5' is really 'can I wait for an indeterminate amount of time without a UAV?' If the answer is yes then sit back, and if the answer is no then buy something now. You could probably get a lightly-used replacement P4P at a good price.

Right now the P4 Advanced is a good deal to be had for the same camera as the P4P V2, just minus some minor upgrades, and if I was in your position, I would pick one up for relativly cheap, assuming you still have your accessories from your crashed drone. Given the lack of competition for DJI, I wouldn't expect a P5 before another 4-6 months.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
i just crashed my P4P and hopefully will be getting a check from State Farm. I don’t neccesarily want to buy old tech with that money. When are we expecting the P5 and do we think it’s going to be interchangeable lenses?
P5 release seems far in the future, like maybe next year. The Mavic 2 release seems a little closer but DJI plays it pretty close to the vest so you won't know until a few weeks before launch when they announce something new is coming.

Nobody knows anything about the P5.
P4 2.0 is the best consumer drone in the world.
P5, when it comes out, will be the best consumer drone in the world.
Just a matter of when you want it.

Tell us about your state farm claim experience as alot of us are insured by them but have yet to file a drone claim.

Spoke with a claims adjuster. She seemed like she couldn't believe it and was like "yeah, everythings covered". I have a check for the full insured value, $1,800.

Conversation went like this:

Her: Hi, what happened?
Me: Drone fell out of sky, 350ft
Her: Ok, wait a minute while I look at your policy... Ok, Everything's covered
Her: Is the drone repairable?
Me: It's in pieces
Her: Ok, check for $1,800 is in the mail. Sorry this happened to you. Please email pictures to this email address.

AFAIK the rest of my policy with the laptop is still valid.

A warning for others who come across this thread: Please, please don't mess with state farms insurance. Only make a claim if you HAVE TO. This goes on your CLUE (insurance industry database) record and may affect your rates for other policies in the future. Also if they end up paying out more than they're getting in, new policies get cut off really fast. So please, be responsible and don't ruin this for everyone.

I always saw this as a "if replacing means financial disaster" insurance, and I recommend that you do as well.

Last edited:
Spoke with a claims adjuster. She seemed like she couldn't believe it and was like "yeah, everythings covered". I have a check for the full insured value, $1,800.

Her: Ok, check for $1,800 is in the mail. Sorry this happened to you. Please email pictures to this email address.

A warning for others who come across this thread: Please, please don't mess with state farms insurance. Only make a claim if you HAVE TO. This goes on your CLUE (insurance industry database) record and may affect your rates for other policies in the future. Also if they end up paying out more than they're getting in, new policies get cut off really fast. So please, be responsible and don't ruin this for everyone.

I always saw this as a "if replacing means financial disaster" insurance, and I recommend that you do as well.
Let me know if they reinstate u when you get new drone...

So basically what your saying is typically like all insurances, just pay premiums but don’t put claims in because your going to pay all of it back when your premiums go up on renewal.

Sorry but your post sounds very selfish if someone needs to make a claim they should make it

This is good advise. I remember hearing from a couple of people who made a claim on state farms drone policy and their homeowners insurance went up the following year.

Insurance on my automobile or house makes sense. On a $1500 drone.......i'm not so sure. It might make sense if you flew the drone a lot for business purposes and you wanted liability coverage but then again.....you usually have a business insurance policy that would cover everything.

They are going to drop you like a hot potato.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31